I tried out a watermelon cocktail recipe last week, and it was a fail. I love winter. . Ideally, it should be slushie texture. Add a little more strawberry dust for a finishing touch. Strain (I do not strain, I simply use the puree); divide the juice among 4 TALL ice-filled glasses. Pour over even amounts of watermelon mixture into each of the six cocktail glasses, top with 100ml of Prosecco each then finish with an orange round, if you like. Lori I’d love to have at least two of these right about now Looks delish and perfect for summer! The refreshing flavour of watermelon slush mixed with a shot of gin, prosecco, elderflower cordial, and lime juice will surely put a smile on her face. I’m gonna dub it as the “official cocktail of summer 2014.”  That’s okay with you, right? So summery and fruity, yet not overly sweet. Strain (I do not strain, I simply use the puree); divide the juice among 4 TALL ice-filled glasses. 8 ounces gin Watermelon just tastes so refreshing and I love that with this I can get a buzz going while still slurping it up! It’s only 9AM and this still looks so good to me, can’t wait for 5PM to come around! Top each with 2-ounces of gin (if you don't prefer that much, reduce to 1 1/2 ounces), 2 tablespoons lime juice and 1/3 to 1/2 cup ginger ale. Everyone will want a re-fill. Lori Lange is a former elementary school teacher who traded the classroom for the kitchen when she founded the blog RecipeGirl.com in 2006, which houses over 3,000 original and adapted recipes. Hi! Chocolate Cupcake Recipe by Brendan Pang, This spectacular Christmas Bombe Alaska is a guara, It's here! Enjoy over 3,000 recipes, entertaining tips, and travel adventures! This recipe makes four cocktails. Total Carbohydrate This watermelon gin fizz is perfect for summertime sipping! Top up with soda water and garnish with a sprig of mint or piece of watermelon. Add the cordial, lime juice, and gin. All Rights Reserved. Blend until pureed, then pour through a strainer to get rid of the pulp. Fifteen minutes before serving your cocktail, take the watermelon mix out of the freezer and allow to thaw a little. Subscribe to receive all new recipes for dinners, desserts, breakfast, and more delivered right to your inbox! Copyright © 2020 Kitchen Warehouse, 2009 - 2020. The secrets to this slushie cocktail are orange zest and freeze-dried strawberry dust on the rim of the cocktail glass. To create a decorative cocktail, dampen the rim of each cocktail glass then lightly press them into the strawberry and orange mix. Watermelon in a cocktail is definitely all right in my book. It just hit me that spring is almost over!! You may transfer and spread the mix to a wide plastic container so it could be frozen quickly. I’m not even normally a drinky-drink kind of girl, but this one… um, YES. Love how slushy this one is — just perfect . Where I live, I feel like winter ended and summer began and we kind of missed spring altogether. chilled ginger ale Serve in glasses over ice. Divide the sweetened watermelon juice between four glasses (each filled with a few ice cubes). Love this recipe! Add a few frozen watermelon chunks and garnish with a watermelon wedge. That’s just so crazy. It’s a simple, summery, sweet drinky drink. Puree the remaining 4 cups watermelon. There’s no denying it. Food stylist and recipe developer Kate Flower generously shares with us her recipe for watermelon gin fizz in this post. 4 cups diced, seedless watermelon I adore summer. I love being outdoors, going for hikes, sitting on the beach too… Summer is just the perfect season. Add a few frozen watermelon chunks and garnish … Turn them into fritters! Love that you used ginger ale!! Add the cordial, lime juice, and gin. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. SOURCE:  RecipeGirl.com (adapted from Eating Well). This drink looks perfect for the summer! Pureed watermelon is muddled with fresh mint, floral gin, lime, and seltzer. Strain the seeds through a sieve then pour over 600ml into a jar or jug. Enjoy, and happy summer! Put the lemon juice, simple syrup, and mint in a 3-quart serving pitcher or a punch bowl and mash the mint thoroughly with a muddler or the back of a wooden spoon. SAY CHEERS With 2020 in the rearv, Start your silly season festivities with this Auss, It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas ✨ In, ✨ ULTIMATE HOST GIVEAWAY ✨ Place watermelon flesh into a blender and blend until smooth. In order to post comments, please make sure JavaScript and Cookies are enabled, and reload the page. Click here for instructions on how to enable JavaScript in your browser. Blend until pureed, then pour through a strainer to get rid of the pulp. Delight your guests this Christmas with the show-stopping cranberry glaz, Extra zucchini? frozen watermelon cubes, to float in the drink I make a version with ginger beer and fresh mint and it’s my summer drink of choice. The warm weather is what I love most. Recipe Girl®© 2020 , All Rights Reserved. Puree the watermelon. Required fields are marked *. Currently you have JavaScript disabled. Australians love their pasta. Summer cocktails are the best!! Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Blueberry Barbecue Sauce, Butternut Squash Fries with Chili Salt and Maple Cream. DIRECTIONS. There isn’t anything much better than eating a wonderful cold, sweet and ripe slice of watermelon on a hot day, juice dribbling down your chin and hands sticky as can be. Make sure everyone y, Join us as we celebrate the beauty and uniqueness, Well done Victoria. Lori now spends her days creating family-friendly recipes for entertaining and every day. Puree the watermelon. Cut the watermelon into 1 1/2-inch chunks. *To prepare simple syrup, mix 1/4 cup water with 1/4 cup granulated white sugar in a glass measuring cup. On a flat plate, place then crush the strawberries into crumbs and dust with some orange zest. Divide the sweetened watermelon juice between four glasses (each filled with a few ice cubes). I’d suggest you double the recipe… or make an entire pitcher. Add gin and soda water and blend for 10 sec/speed 3/mc on . We love watermelon gin fizz’s!! I might be drinking these cocktails all summer long > Watermelon Gin Fizz. This time-saving task involves preparing ingredients or cooking meals in advan. She has quite an addiction to cooking shows. 13.05.2020 - An easy and refreshing summer gin cocktail recipe made with perfectly sweet fresh juice perfect for brunch or a sunny afternoon! Along with toilet paper, it was the first thi, Healthy cookware is a kitchen must-have. Who cares about spring? Definitely perfect for summer!! simple syrup, optional. Recipe and image used with permission. Kate Flower is a food stylist, recipe developer, and devoted eater. Follow her on Instagram @kateflowerfood or check out her website at www.kateflowerfood.com.au. The pan that cooks healthier meals AND, NEW IN ✨ Published on July 21, 2020. Save this to your Cocktail board! I’m feeling better about my next watermelon cocktail adventure. July 21, 2020 by serendipitybysaralynn. Garnish with the lime wedges. You can definitely make this non-alcoholic by simply omitting the gin. Reading your recipe, I realized I didn’t drain to get rid of the pulp! Snap a pic and hashtag it #RecipeGirl — We love to see your creations on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter! Step 2 Top each with 1 1/2 ounces gin, 2 tablespoons lime juice and 1/3 cup ginger ale. Muddle until well smashed and soupy. Are you a style-co, Let the festivities begin ✨ They also recommend this pretty pink cocktail to be served at Bridal Showers. To me no fruit says summer more than watermelon. You do realize that today is June 20th, and that tomorrow is the first “official” day of summer, right? Pair your delicious recipes with our list of safe cookware, We know how busy you are. This is a perfect summer evening cocktail!! Refrigerate until chilled and ready to use. I eat watermelon-everything in the summer. We’re all time-poor these days and unless you’re one of the lucky few, Ready for some holiday ham? Strain; divide the juice among 4 ice-filled glasses. Pour the mix into glasses (ice optional) and top each with soda water.