Lots of the characters within the book are well-known which helps the children to visualise the book a lot more clearly. This is one of the best picture books I have read, and one of my favourites I remember from childhood, even though I was probably too old to read it at the time. The different types of mail included within the book are fantastic. They are able to physically feel, experience and relate to the contents of the book, which I think is incredibly important and effective with children. Jolly Christmas Postman Cut-Out Letters and Characters (SB8845). The book therefore educates children on these different forms of communication via The Royal Mail. A set of printable visual aids to use with the story of ‘The Jolly Postman’ by Janet and Allan Ahlberg. He has a letter of apology for the three bears from Goldilocks, a postcard from Jack for the giant, a solicitor's letter on behalf of Little Red Riding-Hood for the wolf who ate grandma, and so on. Twinkl » Key Stage 1 - Year 1, Year 2 » English » Story Resources » Story Books » T-V » The Jolly Postman - Allan Ahlberg and Janet Ahlberg » Roleplay. For example the family of three bears serving the Postman tea. Actively teaching about the format and style of different types of written letters (which these days is extremely important seeing as most children are unlikely to be exposed to them much otherwise, and this in itself can start a great discussion around technology and how different things were no. We’d love your help. This is also a very memorable book from my time at primary school. These resources contain our own artwork. Books like The Jolly Postman meant for adult readers? Resource Updates ; Sign in to leave a review. Geography is also a major feature of this topic as we make maps for the Jolly Postman and explore different routes he might take. A set of printable visual aids to use with the story of ‘The Jolly Christmas Postman’ by Janet and Allan Ahlberg. Refresh and try again. The book is every bit as delightful and charming as I remember. I remember the novelty of taking out the letters or the postcards and it was so fun to read. This is a fantastically clever book. The Jolly Postman or Other People's Letters written by Janet and Allan Ahlberg. This interactive book is fantastic!!! Start by marking “The Jolly Postman, or Other People's Letters” as Want to Read: Error rating book. The Jolly Postman or Other People's Letters is the first book in a series of three written by Janet and Allan Ahlberg, which follows a Postman in his "uniform of postal blue" on his morning deliveries and is perfect for an Early Years Foundation or Key Stage One classroom.