amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart"; Also, each model is now equipped with 1X drivetrains. Talking of springs, the RockShox Recon fork is decent enough for a budget fork, but it's pretty easy to overwhelm the damping if you start hitting extended rock sections and it blends with a bit of chassis twang to leave you wondering where it might take you next - and not in a positive way. Free shipping on orders over $150. The most notable changes from years prior include a 20mm increase in reach across all sizes, slackened head tubes to 66.5º on the M4 models and 66º on the A1 option, along with a steeper 74º seat tube. Keeping fun and sendy in mind, they gave the Fuse a reduced offset 130mm fork, wide 780mm bars, and a short 45mm stem. Pair that with the big 780mm wide bars and dinky stem plus the murdered out, matte black paint job and you'd be forgiven for thinking you were dealing with a properly hardcore trail brawler. Me, too! Keep in mind anyone will pay a higher price just because of the name. If you show us a trail rider that says they couldn't use more traction, we'll show a trail rider that's never ridden our Fuse. amzn_assoc_search_bar = "true"; Reviews, buying advice and news. The weight also makes me wonder about the wisdom of the adjustable length dropouts - I strongly suspect tweaking chainstay length is a party trick most owners will only do once and then leave it be, so adding weight here seems unnecessary. Specialized just helped Ragley, NukeProof, SC, NS Bikes and a few others sell a lot of aggressive hardtails,. off-road.cc Editorial and general enquiries: info@off-road.cc At 15kg, this is a heavy, heavy bike. Is it worth converting your mountain bike to tubeless? • Contact Us Price: $1799.99. The fat tyres do provide plenty of grip and plenty of positive bite, even in the wet. • Submit News 2019 Specialized Fuse Comp 27.5+. • Comment Policy Specialized focused on making the new Fuse a trail shredder, not some podium hungry machine (though I’m sure they wouldn’t mind seeing it up there). Specialized's Fuse Comp 29 is a 130mm trail hardtail that blends balanced handling with some very neat features. 2150 with a Recon Gold and NX?!?!? • Privacy Policy Jon was previously the editor here at off.road.cc. amzn_assoc_marketplace = "amazon"; It's a little premature to criticise the groupset further, but I wasn't blown away by shifting performance either, with lots of play in the rear mech and a lot of noise in the bigger sprockets. amzn_assoc_default_category = "All"; The issue that then arises is weight. However, the sheer weight of the thing is really hard to ignore. That gets you a lighter frame as well as adjustable dropouts that allow geometry tweaking or the ability to run it as a singlespeed, should you hate knee cartilage. amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "specializedmountainbike.com-20"; amzn_assoc_placement = "adunit0"; Specialized also dropped the standover height by up to 52mm on some sizes for easier maneuvering while on the bike. Droppers with new levers, plus Thunder Pants! Much as I enjoy singlespeeds, I'm not sure the ability to use it as one would be the tiebreaker in whether I'd buy this bike either.