The form-factor here doesn’t try to reinvent the wheel but the performance gets the job done regardless.

Une version Mac OS de Dashboard est également présente sur le disque, mais sans module de sauvegarde (Seagate recommande d’utiliser Time Machine d’Apple pour cette tâche). Once you've approved access, it just works by putting everything in a folder on the drive called 'My Online Documents'. Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB External Hard Drive Portable HDD – Silver... Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB External Hard Drive Portable HDD – Silver USB 3.0 For PC Laptop And Mac, 1 year Mylio Create, 2 Months Adobe CC Photography (STHN2000401). Pas de panique, il suffit de le télécharger sur le site Web de Seagate. I suppose if you are transferring smaller files the transfer rate and the time it takes to copy files might not be an issue. The original Western Digital Passport had that "Apple styling", a block with rounded edges. I'm getting an average of 22mb/s with large files while all my other drives operate between 90 and 140mb/s. That's all well and good for simple file transfers, but what about smaller files involved with backup? If it's just for an offline backup like in my case it's a great deal. The backup software for this product appears to be hastily written and with all of the file errors it is reporting, difficult to trust that it is really doing its job. We tested the 2TB model which is available from eBuyer for £74. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. In our headline sequential speed tests of the near-empty disk, it could read and write at more than 142MB/s, which is faster than the impressive Transcend StoreJet 25M3. The biggest threat to old-school hard-drives like Seagate’s BackUp Plus Slim might be the idea that they’re out of date.

If you need is for large file transfers I would suggest that this is not the backup drive you want.

You can use the predefined 'Protect Now' button or setup your own plan to select which folders are backed up and when. Price comparison from over 24,000 stores worldwide View more prices. And cast in that light, the Seagate BackUp Plus Slim stands as a simple, unassuming option that promises to get the job done. The BackUp Plus Slim comes with both a USB and USB-C cable in the box.

Avec seulement 1,2 cm d’épaisseur, ce disque se démarque clairement des modèles portables de 2 To actuellement disponibles, par exemple le Stor.E Canvio de Toshiba (2 cm). The transfer rate when writing to the Slim drive was terribly slow. Doing the backup was not too difficult we're trying to figure out how to restore using their software is a little more than complicated.

Veuillez sélectionner un produit dans la liste pour démarrer la comparaison. Le Seagate Backup Plus Slim est un disque dur portable ultra fin doté d’une interface USB 3.0. You can also backup content from your mobile device to the drive (and the cloud if you wish) provided you use the available Seagate Backup app for iOS or Android. It’s priced well, performs decently and, unless you’re in need of something more durable or weatherproofed, it’s probably good to handle whatever you throw at it. The Seagate Backup Plus Slim is a well-rounded portable hard drive which offers good value for money, design and speed.

Top subscription boxes – right to your door. In term of speed here, we averaged about 125Mbps. There's also a thin slit housing an LED but there are no physical buttons for backup so you'll need to use the provided software. Then WD restyled the Passport and Elements and set the bar for stylish portable drives: slightly curved top, Rounded edges, but not Apple rounded", great texture.

Les transferts sont indiqués par une petite barre lumineuse horizontale dont l’intensité varie. Discounting any dongles, this is what you’ll be using to connect the BackUp Plus slim to your PC or Mac. 6,227 global ratings | 917 global reviews, The manufacturer commented on the review below, Reviewed in the United States on May 17, 2019. It might not suit power users but if you’re after a good portable storage option that provides plenty of capacity per dollar, the Seagate BackUp Plus Slim makes a strong case for itself.

You can still see all customer reviews for the product.

When coping a 1.5GB video mp4 file, the transfer rate would swing between 25Mbs and 5Mbs in a regular sine wave pattern (~5 second cycle) for the full duration of the file transfer with an average rate of 15Mbs.

But in terms of external form-factor, there aren’t many notable changes here. PC and Mac compatibility out … Oh and just to be clear i'm using USB 3.0 on a port I've used on many other drives which all perform at speeds up to 140mb/s so it's not the wrong port or a bad port. “Buy me”, it says, “and you’ll get a free two month subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud.”. Reviewed in the United States on June 14, 2020. This front-loading is a pretty familiar tactic to Seagate. Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2 To : la promesse. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in.

The best deals are often not on Amazon. All in all about as much good industrial design as you can have in such a utilitarian device. He also covers a range of topics including home entertainment, phones, laptops, tablets and more. Got me the Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB drive to replace a 4+ year old Seagate Backup Plus 1TB drive that is almost out of free space. Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of IDG Communications is prohibited. Our only real gripes with the design and build are that the drive could do with some feet on the bottom to stop it sliding around and the supplied cable is pretty short at 45cm. When it came to pulling that 35GB folder back onto the Seagate Backup Plus Slim, the process took about 4 minutes and 22 seconds. By There's a problem loading this menu right now. Reviewed in the United States on March 1, 2020.

For starters, a great out-of-the-box feature of the Backup Plus Slim is that it's compatible with both PC and Mac. It needs to fit in your bag, it needs to not break in your bag, it needs to transfer files back and forth with a degree of speed and it needs to provide a decent amount of bang for your buck when it comes to capacity. It took 15 minutes and 13 seconds to achieve the same task. When I attempted to transfer a folder containing 885GB of data, according to Windows 10 file explorer, it was going to take over 12 hours. L’inverse est également possible avec la fonction Enregistrer, qui sauvegarde les photos et les vidéos de vos comptes Facebook et Flickr.

Pulling a 35GB folder full of various file-types down from the Seagate to my desktop over USB 3.0 took about 16 minutes and 36 seconds. PC and Mac compatibility out-of-the-box is a decent feature and the Seagate Dashboard software is easy to use offering PC, mobile and social backup. Sure, the Seagate logo has migrated from the bottom-right corner to the top-right one.

ABN 14 001 592 650.

Interestingly you can also automatically save your social photos and videos from either Facebook or Flickr. Backs up your mobile devices and social media. Different usb ports and different laptops, will only stay connected for about a minute, I imagine the entire drive will fail like others have noted. Seagate BackUp Plus Slim review: Old tech, new tri... Seagate DJI Copilot: Full, in-depth review, Seagate Unveils 14TB data storage portfolio, Seagate's new portable SSDs are as colorful as they are compact, MSI celebrates another accolade with special deals, Google Pixel 4a review: The Goldilocks Google phone, Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G review: Wrong Number, LG NANO99 NanoCell 8K TV review: Prestige at a price, LG Velvet review: Fake it till you make it, Seagate show off new modular Lyve Drive storage solution. Membership is free, and your security and privacy remain protected. Nous avons également apprécié son programme de sauvegarde, complet et simple d’emploi.

Available from: Amazon, JB Hi-Fi, Harvey-Norman. This is the best deal I could find on 5TB portable storage. Chris Martin, Reviews Editor Quite a difference from the new model and not something I want to live with. I may transfer files from my work computers to my home computers or vice versa. Learn more. If you plan on writing to this drive a lot I suggest getting something different. Le Backup Plus Slim est naturellement tourné vers Windows. The Backup Plus Slim scored between 141 and 144MBps on reads and around 137MBps on write speeds, while a 10GB file was transferred at 128MBps. The Backup Plus Slim isn't just a good looking drive with the 2.5-inch SATA hard disk inside providing decent speeds while staying essentially silent.

Cette dernière communique avec Dashboard pour copier sur le disque les photos et les vidéos de votre appareil mobile.

Though a solid part of this is probably down to degradation (we’ve been using our T5 regularly for well over a year), it’s still an impressive feat and one that sets the stage nicely. You can get it in a range of colours: blue, red, black and silver. The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future. Accomplishing the same task on the Samsung T5 SSD took 20 minutes and 55 seconds. It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this. Le constructeur a pensé aux smartphones et aux tablettes avec une application pour iOS et Android. My rating is based solely on capacity for cost. Here's our Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB review.

Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.

This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple. Then they lost their way and went to some bizarre "Lego style" sharp edged brick for the Passport.

Most of their hard-drives include similar offers and the conclusions we drew here weren’t radically different to what they usually are. This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web. There was a time when all portable drives looked horrid.

This doesn't affect our editorial independence.

I use this and most any portable data storage device as a way of keeping certain data with me.