We layered soft and tender cooked gnocchi in a baking dish with a mix of sautéed sweet Italian sausage, peppers, onions and garlic, and another layer of spinach mixed into ricotta cheese with Parmesan cheese and fresh basil added for even more wonderful flavor! Flip over each gnocchi (I use tongs) and brown on the second side. Sausage and mushrooms paired with little pillows of gnocchi make for a hearty weeknight dinner while marinara and a swirl of pesto create a rich and decadent sauce. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray an 11x7 inch baking dish with cooking spray. This is total comfort food right here! I have made this recipe multiple times and it is always a hit! This is especially true for newer cast-iron or newly re-seasoned cast iron. See method, of the reference intake Follow my adventures of self-reliant country cooking and baking from scratch with a little life mixed in for kicks! Add diced tomatoes, milk, garlic salt, pepper onion powder, garlic powder and stir to combine. Honestly. in Kansas City ❤️ This Baked Gnocchi with Italian Sausage is classic Italian comfort food at its best! Required fields are marked *. Seriously – how does Beyonce do it? Remove from oven, sprinkle with additional fresh herbs if … I am a former chemistry teacher turned wife and mom of five beautiful babies with one on the way in 2021! check the "about me" page for more information on Sara. If you want another variation of Baked Gnocchi – try this other favorite of ours! I don’t know how Beyonce does it, or how anyone does it all, but with this kind of food waiting for me at home, I’d be quicker at getting things done, I’m sure! I baked the sausage, tomato & cheese mixture as directed. Add sausage, garlic, italian seasoning, salt and pepper and cook through; about 5-7 minutes. Add the bacon and sausage into the sauce, along with sugar and crushed red pepper. Discard additional liquids from the pan, and return the pan to the heat. Advance Assembly: You can assemble the night before or earlier in the day, store covered in the fridge, and then just pop into the oven when ready for dinner. Mark and I have always greatly looked forward to pasta night, and this sauce makes us particularly excited. I’ve been focusing upon responsibly sourced products lately, and Rao’s Homemade Marinara Sauce fits the bill. Learn how your comment data is processed. Add onion and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring as it cooks to mix in the browned pieces at the bottom of the pan. If you continue to use this site, we’ll assume that you’re happy to receive all cookies. Add the chicken sausage and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Heck yeah! I was in the service industry for the last part of my high school career, all through college, and post-college years. 10 Shares. I feel like this is one recipe that is even better the next day and we’re always happy to have leftovers. After the sauce has thickened and before adding the cheese to bake? Keep any minimal liquids and browned bits in the saute pan. Feel free to add some chopped fresh parsley, fresh basil, or an extra sprinkle of cheddar cheese to finish off this delicious sausage gnocchi! Rao’s Homemade sauces reached out to me about a year ago, asking if they could ship me some of their products so I could try them at home. But an enameled cast iron or extremely well seasoned cast iron is fine. Turn the oven to broil for the remaining five minutes, if you want to achieve the bubbly, crunchy, cheesy top layer. I mean, like, dish-altering-deliciousness. Putting this into our meal plan for next week. This Cheesy Sausage Gnocchi recipe is the perfect scrumptious weeknight dinner that is ready in under 30 minutes! Being in that industry typically lends you the opportunity to dine at your colleagues’ establishments, or just eat for free (or half off) wherever you’re working at the time. Like this recipe? I’ll definitely make it again! Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until softened, about 1 minute. Pour reserved 1/2 cup of water from the gnocchi. rich, baked gnocchi is packed with bacon, sausage, and cheese for the best baked pasta dish you'll have this fall! At that point, remove it with a slotted spoon and transfer it to a colander to drain any excess water. DON’T FORGET TO RATE THIS RECIPE AND LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW! Required fields are marked *. If you plan to serve it separately from the sauce,  place it in an oven-safe dish, cover it, and put it in your oven (set to low) to keep warm. Spoon the additional half of the gnocchi and red sauce on top of the mozzarella, and top with remaining cheese. It is a complete meal with protein-packed chicken sausage, sneaky veggies, and filling potato gnocchi! See above FAQ. And then, I sneak another bowl of this because it’s OMGSODANGGOOD! Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes. You’ll just have one more dish to clean but the recipe will turn out the same. I always shred a block of Cabot Seriously Sharp cheddar and it’s so good.