They were purchased by Hormel, not Monsanto. Last month, I even saw one of their products contain canola oil!!! where is blue diamond growers their products say it’s non gmo, here is the site http://www.bluediamond.com/index.cfm?navid=207#q4, why is silk milk in the list? Check out her list here >. I hope this website is still up and running cuz I need frequent updates on these brands. Thank you for your question and your interest in Hinode Rice!” They did not join the non gmo project though, Valuable information that the world needs to know. (a corporation that has become a better advocate for GMO labeling since their separation from Dean Foods). I’ve added them to the growing list above, thank you!!! so what does it mean when a non-gmo project verified product turns out to be anything but? Again, thanks for the list. Secret #1: Enjoy real food. Please advise as to how to be considered for your listing. We agree that being owned by Unilever is discouraging, and they’ll never be GMO free until they source organic milk from grass-fed cows, but we are proud of them for bucking the corporate pressure by being strongly PRO GMO-labeling, by beginning to use GMO-free ingredients, and by devoting 3 pages of their website to a discussion about GMOs. If their cows are NOT eating grain (which is often GMO corn), then the only question is pesticides / weedkillers on their pastures… and it looks like you'd need to contact them to ask this, since we could find nothing about it on their website. This page is focused on food brands / manufacturers, but we’ve added them to our “online shopping” page here… thanks for the alert! of trying to shut down another healthy anti-CAFO farmer. Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention! Thanks for writing, and for your patience! What about Hodgson Mills brand? All of these factors are part of our measurement gauge to determine whether or not they’re putting their money where their mouth is—even if they’re only doing it for corporate profit reasons, at least they’re doing it. . Sorry for the delayed reply, I wanted to do some research and fact checking before I got back to you. Thanks again and stay well, According to their website, they are still using 100% organically grown wheat, and “several other” ingredients are organic but “may not be listed as such.” Without third party certification, we are not prepared to add them to our GMO-Free Brands list. We don’t track MSG content, however the Non-GMO breads we know of include Dave’s Killer Bread, Rudi’s Bakery, French Meadow Bakery, Grindstone Bakery, To Your Health Sprouted Bread, Wildtree Products, and Costco’s Kirkland brand Organic Ancient Grains Bread. Last but not least, they are still a private, family-owned chain, and have received multiple awards over the years — something you don’t see very often with other grocery chains! You guys are all nut jobs. According to this page of their website, it appears that “HEB Organics” products are also certified USDA Organic. We did a quick check of all our ‘red text’ (corporate-owned) brands, and found no ownership changes from what we have listed here… at least not yet! Ah, thanks for the tip about Wheat Montana… we’ve added them! Just, today, discovered your valuable site while seeking gmo free tortilla chips… Do the R.W. Please red the text so others do not support Silk as they are the major alternative milk brand and use shady practices. The little things you do, matter. Thank you so so much! . Especially their meats I keep meaning to look up where they are raised but they say they are grass fed and range free (chickens). http://journal.bjs.com/archive/article/story-behind-every-organic. I am glad to be able to contact you as I wanted to ask you about what the cows that the milk came from are fed. Thanks for your response. Born, raised, and harvested in USA. Undiagnosed: 8.1 million people (27.8% of people with diabetes are undiagnosed). We’ve not heard of this brand, so thanks for bringing it to our attention! I have them included on my ‘Family Organics’ page but forgot to add them here, thanks! With their non dairy milk, ice cream and others. Their website also contains a map you can blow up to locate the nearest place that sells UNREAL candy. – WalMart’s “Greater Value” brand contains some organic products, but mostly it’s a “lifestyle” phrase to attract consumers. We’ll be happy to add you. How many more years til the FDA pulls it? Explain the disclaimer you’ve read about. See their website: http://barbaras.com/commitment/non-gmo-commitment/. Now I have no idea if this labeling is verified, but it’s certainly worth looking into! All Rights Reserved. Formulas like Good Start and others contain GM soybean oil, GM soy lecithin, and GM maltodextrin, as well as corn syrup derived from GM crops. Please email a mailing address where donations can be sent to. Groundbreaking research published by the University of Kentucky, University of California and Newscastle University prove that type 2 diabetes CAN be reversed. Constructing these vertical farm units will develop a closed It’s a company that does fundraiser with selling seeds. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! This page is focused on food brands / manufacturers… but thanks so much for the heads up to everyone! As per my above reply to Laura, Trader Joe’s is mentioned in this same Shopping section, on the main page: Shopping List. But now that she’s perfected it to work for almost everyone, almost every time, Liz is sharing it with rest of us so we can feel better and look better. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Please let me know if this canola oil is GMO. I am trying to eat GMO free but it seems that as long as I live at home I will be at risk of unsafe foods. They have not sought USDA Organic or Non-GMO Project Certification (the two most recognizable ways of assuring consumers that products are non-GMO), and their website makes no reference of GMOs whatsoever (most manufacturers go out of their way to detail their process for avoiding GMOs when such is in place; some, like Nature’s Path, take it a step further by detailing their philosophy about GMOs and providing education about why GMOs are harmful). It is a brand that I am able to buy where I live in Alabama. As of May 2013, Genisoy’s website claims their products are “made with” GMO-free soybeans. Although they claim to be pro-GMO labeling, they have never financially supported it, they make no mention about GMOs on their website, and they are owned by Hain Celestial, a member of the Grocery Manufacturers Association that has donated millions to prevent GMO labeling. I am wearing this site out today, but it is because i just found it today and food is so major! Because it’s based on how nature works. As for Natures Promise, if they are on the menu at greenpolkadotbox.com, then they are legit. I thank the RED statements as excellent information so that we, the consumer can support a company which is committed to the cause of REAL FOOD. You are correct, Maranatha’s USDA Organic peanut butters do not contain any GMOs (USDA Organic is usually GMO free). Hi, I don’t think that GMO labelling helps solve the issues of GMO-contamination, given the distractive propaganda out there, potentially leading customers to choose higher-negative-impact “labels” (e.g. However, after visiting their website, we would personally mark this product as a “no thank you.” There *nothing* mentioned about organic or GMO-free on their website. . alvarado street bakery is usda certified organic,and so is food for life bakery …flourless breads, made from sprouted multi grains .. Given that grains fed to cattle are typically GMO corn, and without any statement on their website to the contrary, we doubt this beef is GMO free. Non-GMO Corn Oil, commonly referred to as Maize oil, is a 100% natural, clear, refined oil; cold-pressed extracted from the germ of corn. Gluten Free Vegan Mom has compiled an excellent resource of non-GMO, gluten free flours. . How does one avoid gmo if they can’t afford to purchase 100% organic? Since I source products for them (raw materials for brands), I can tell you that any claims of non-GMO, organic, all natural, etc. Corn oil is also useful in the personal care industry. ?” We were Skyping and I was practically shouting. I’ve been to the Central Market website but could not find any info about where the food is sourced from, and I want to know if this is a safe gmo free brand to buy from. From the page you were viewing (GMO Free Brands) there are two ways to learn more. Another example of disclosure doubt is Trader Joe’s, who continues to be unwilling to release the sources of their organic products (unless and until one of the products gets recalled, as in the case of peanut butter recently). Although they did not donate to fight California’s GMO Labeling proposition, for my own part, I’m keeping a close eye on them. It's very difficult to avoid GMOs today. Thank you for this! Robert we do not maintain an email list of harmful food notification alerts. Here's how to help: Copyright © 2015 eatLocalGrown.com. Hello, do you have any information on the Organic brand “Wellsley Farms” from BJ’s? Because Liz offers a ridiculously good guarantee. Unfortunately, it’s clear that the US government is not in a position to make reasonable and responsible decisions related to genetically engineered foods at this point.