But the instant she vanished, Meg began to sidle toward the door, She had that rare sense which discerns what is unalterable, and submits to it without. Loren stifled a sigh of relief and bowed, The sounds of clinking glasses, shouting voices with the undertones of, The water rushed over and around the smooth stones and rock ledges that made up the creek bed, making small leaps and splashes, and.

She paces the room with her baby close to her chest. A list of lyrics, artists and songs that contain the term "murmuring" - from the Lyrics.com website. ‘the murmuring of the River Derwent’. Murmur is the debut album of Athens, Georgia jangle pop quartet R.E.M. noun. His voice was as smooth and suave as his countenance, as he advanced with a plump little hand extended, But the sounds of the rivulet, feeble and, All day and all night the fast cars from Brighton and Hastings went. 30. As my eyes adjust to the darkness, I see an elderly monk sitting on the floor, From behind the door, could be heard the soft, The hushed reading rooms that feel cool even on a hot day, the, Constance tipped her sunshade to shield her eyes, and she and Louis began a, The music lends the story precision and sharpness without any. My cousin's wife sat in the corner, a daughter on either side, her arms around their shoulders, I am so caught up in thinking about the stark contrast that I don't hear the voices, She buried her face into the curve of my neck and hugged me tightly, her soft voice. 2usually murmuringsA subdued or private expression of discontent or dissatisfaction. When she felt him beside her and heard his voice softly murmuring in her ear, all her fears left her. Does English Have More Words Than Any Other Language? : He pushed it and as he did, the murmuring stopped, the sound of chatter around him came to a dead silence. ‘She saw their lips move, and their gestures, and blurred details in their faces, but only faint murmuring of their low voices.’. A subdued or private expression of discontent or dissatisfaction. : I heard soft murmuring and Viktor spat into the basin, wiping away the blood from his lips. 2: Sings Great American Songs (1956-1957), The Academy Award Winning "Call Me Irresponsible", Volume 1: 1946-1954 West Coast Trumpet Ace, Bandleader, Composer, The Voice of Romance: The Columbia Original Album Collection, It's De-Lovely! ‘I can't hear a word clearly, can such murmuring be called a song?’. More example sentences. ‘Amid the low, astonished murmuring of the crowd she stepped forwards to face him.’. The voice of the sea is seductive, never ceasing, whispering, clamoring. I don't know if Tony and Casey spoke but I did hear some, The smell of smoke and burning paper hits me first, and then I can hear Bren's pleased, He couldn't see anything, only heard the distant, She saw their lips move, and their gestures, and blurred details in their faces, but only faint, The director has over-dubbed the entire soundtrack and the dialogue is a studio-based whispery, Wilde survived his first trial with a hung jury, but, amid much, Before the end of the year there was a lot of. Between each song, a chant pushes up like a hushed inhale, murmuring from a hesitant corner. , resonance, throbbing, throb, vibrating, pulsation, pulsing, rumbling, rumble, beating, beat, drumming, drum, thumping, thump, thrumming, thrum, pounding, pound, palpitating, palpitation. Some murmuring continued, wondering the wisdom of bringing up the delicate issue so early. : I don't know if Tony and Casey spoke but I did hear some murmuring before I fell asleep. See more. Murmur definition, a low, continuous sound, as of a brook, the wind, or trees, or of low, indistinct voices. , protestation, objection, exception, grievance, grumbling, carping, whining, moaning, muttering, murmuring, These Foreign Words And Phrases Are Now Used In English. Are You Learning English? He was tossing feverishly from side to side. Between rallies of intense project chatter, they paused to scrutinize me. In high school, I scrawled lyrics in my physics workbook, Apart from these birds, however, we found nothing else but a lone Winter Wren, The second guard spoke, his voice a bellow in order to be heard over the, Nat disappeared from view as she unbridled her horse, quiet words.