These bars can be frozen. Where I’m from we called these “7 Layer Bars” but by any other name, they are just as delicious!
Set aside. Hi. Chocolate and coconut heaven. Alternatively, you can add them to a zip top bag and crush with a rolling pin. Everything needs a little extra chocolate. You can absolutely make these magic cookie bars … 3 65 Super Easy Finger Foods to Make for Any Party From chips and dip to one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party. Before baking, I threw some extra butterscotch chips on top. It’s like a thick graham cracker with a super soft texture. Btw, am amazed at how well you manage your blog n all that goes with it.

8 ounces is a little more than 1/2 of a 14 ounce standard can.) With kitchen-tested quality recipes and step-by-step tutorials, my goal is to give you the confidence to bake and cook from scratch. Sprinkle, in order: chocolate chips, coconut, butterscotch chips, and then the nuts over the crumb base. You can pre-bake the crust for a little longer if doubling the recipe– 10 minutes is great. It might just be my favorite part about this recipe. In a medium-sized bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and butter with a fork. What if I want to make enough for a 13×9 pan?

I would use milk chocolate chips since I’m not fond of semi sweet chocolate. Cool thoroughly and cut into bars.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place the rack in the center of the oven. These are also known as seven-layer or Hello Dolly bars. Also known as Seven Layer Cookies, or Hello Dolly cookies, these gooey treats combine coconut, chocolate chips, nuts, and a graham cracker base. Everyone loved them. Also known as Seven Layer Cookies, or Hello Dolly cookies bars, these gooey treats combine coconut, chocolate chips, nuts, and a graham cracker base. Can you make 7-layer bars without coconut? If you’re not a fan of coconut, no worries! © 2020 I Heart Nap Time, All Rights Reserved. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly around edges. Drizzle milk evenly over top.

I made these exactly by your directions. Everybody understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table after a long day.

Then gently lift out of pan and serve. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving enough overhang on the sides. Cookie bars are on the menu and you’re absolutely going to love them. If you do chocolate chips only, try using a mixture of semi-sweet and milk chocolate. Then add to a freezer container or bag and store in freezer for up to 2 months. Ha!

Unfortunately, they stuck to the foil like crazy and stayed very gooey and soft in the middle.

Somehow I stumbled onto your site and I’ve been loving it and baking ever since. Here’s my question. :  Combine graham crumbs with butter; press evenly onto parchment-lined 13 x 9" (3.5 L) baking pan. Cool completely on a wire rack and cut into bars. 2

7-Layer Bars – Loaded with gooey layers of graham cracker crumbs, chocolate and butterscotch chips, pecans and coconut. They take 30 minutes of hands-on prep and call for just eight ingredients, making them the perfect dessert for taking, well, just about anywhere! Next layer chocolate chips, white chips, butterscotch chips and nuts. Let cool, then cut into bars or diamonds. Everything sticks together from gooey sweetened condensed milk that caramelizes on top when baked. We respect the privacy of all of our online users, especially children. Thanks! So much that there is no cutting them into bars as I expected.

I think I probably should have baked it a little longer, but my husband loves it just like it is. These are so yummy! Subscribe to receive a FREE 7 day meal plan! Otherwise followed the recipe as written. Add the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt. Your email address will not be published. Help.

The sooner you can dig in! It’s almost the end of 2019, two more weeks to go, and it’s been a busy and fun year full of delicious recipes for mooreorlesscooking.com!Thank you to you and all of my readers for stopping by and trying my recipes and reviewing my recipes when you try them! More candy than cookie, with only six ingredients - graham cracker crumbs, butter, coconut, semi-sweet chocolate chips, chopped nuts, and sweetened condensed milk - magic 7-layer cookie bars seem to turn up often, especially at holiday time. I find it’s a little easier to work with for these bars. They’ll be the star of any dessert platter! 1 To make 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs, it takes about 7 to 8 graham crackers.

I’m so glad you enjoyed them! Thanks. Because these 7 layer magic cookie bars are so sweet, I prefer to cut them into little bite-sized bars. I sprinkled a couple more butterscotch chips on top, but that’s optional. We’ve been making this dessert every Christmas since I was a little girl. For an easy supper that you can depend on, we picked out some of our tried-and-true favorites that have gotten us through even the busiest of days. You can use more of any of the other toppings. Line a 9x13" baking pan with parchment paper or foil. You can use digestive biscuits. Layers upon layers of goodness. I really enjoy your books and fun delicious recipes. I’m Sally, a cookbook author, photographer, and blogger. Wonderful recipe!

Add about 10 graham cracker sheets in a food processor and pulse. Feel free to swap coconut with pretzel pieces, mini marshmallows or more nuts on top. Line bottom and sides of an 8-inch square metal baking pan with parchment paper; cut off excess parchment paper around top edge of pan. Hello Sally.

Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs evenly over the butter. I knew I was marrying this man for a reason.
These really are named appropriately, they are magic. more about Sally, Copyright 2020 Sallys Baking Addiction • WordPress Development by Southern Web • Website Accessibility Statement • Privacy Policy, THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE SALES LINKS. I would suggest one thing – maybe edit the recipe to note that the 8 oz. The flavor is great but its a mess.