The rangers were so nice and helpful. The trip was beautiful and there were many times we saw wildlife. A great section of the river to just unwind and float and take in the beauty of the outdoors. We paddled to Lumber River State Park where we got out and ate and talked to a few people. Lumber River State Park: River kayaking - See 14 traveler reviews, 32 candid photos, and great deals for Orrum, NC, at Tripadvisor. We pulled out in Fair Bluff at the walkway. Park Ranger was friendly and informative. My wife and I used to do that with a big heavy OT Disco. by  Will definitely be visiting again soon. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. We paddled to Lumber River State Park where we got out and ate and talked to a few people. We put in at the Princess Ann Access in the state park and paddled up river about 7 miles then turned around and headed back, letting the flow of the river bring us back to the park. The river was high and the tide moved fairly quickly, we had three kayaks and a one person canoe. It will be the only place you see to get out since the state park. Four paddlers left from Lumber River Campground toward Fair Bluff, NC. The river was high and the tide moved fairly quickly, we had three kayaks and a one person canoe. The... Lumber River Campground and Lumber River State Park. Very nice park. Found no outtfitters or anyone offering shuttles on this section of the river so two vehicles will be needed or I recommend going upriver first and then return. Take NC 74 east; pass over I-95 turn left on NC 2225 towards Orrum, NC; Turn Left on NC 2246 at Lumber River State Park. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. The Lumber River is excellent for kayaking. We had a great time! At all. Also contact the Lumber River state park, and ask them if they know of any shuttle service. Camping and restroom facilities are primitive, but clean. Four paddlers left from Lumber River Campground toward Fair Bluff, NC. Always good to let the rangers at the State Park know your paddling plans and your estimated return as well as check for park hours of operation. We went down to the boat launch area, the black water and cypress trees were beautiful. Currently, the Lumber River is a highly prized recreation site in North Carolina. The Lumber River State Park is not as majestic as some other parks in the Appalatians, but is a... We visited the Princess Ann access of Lumber River State Park for the passport challenge. Broad River. Enjoyed the beautiful river. more. The river corridor presents a ribbon of dense swamp forests, dark waters, and white… Waterway Details. The sign said it was the naked landing trail, that got my attention lol. The Lumber River State Park is not as majestic as some other parks in the Appalatians, but is a... The... Beautiful black river with cypress tress & moss. Originating in the Blue Ridge Mountains of eastern Buncombe County, North Carolina… Waterway Details. read more, We visited the Princess Ann access of Lumber River State Park for the passport challenge. This was my favorite Park of the three I visited today. On a national wild and scenic river, Lumber River State Park is all about eastern North Carolina paddling, fishing and exquisite scenery. There were no sandbars that day. Lumber River State Park. Lumber River State Park has restrooms (very clean) & boat ramp. We continued on, taking photos and having a great time. May 05, 2017. Kayaker survives lonely spill into Lumber River. We put in at the Princess Ann Access in the state park and paddled up river about 7 miles then turned around and headed back, letting the flow of the river bring us back to the park. Had a very peaceful and quite paddle with nothing but nature around. I had kayaked this river before when it definitely was less swift. Ask Funadventures2do about Lumber River State Park, Ask VolunteerNC about Lumber River State Park, Ask canecorsi about Lumber River State Park, Ask momdzall about Lumber River State Park, Ask James G about Lumber River State Park, Hotels near (MYR) Myrtle Beach Intl Airport, Hotels near (FAY) Fayetteville Municipal Airport, Lumber River State Park: Tickets & Tours‎. The Princess Ann and Chalk Banks access areas anchor two ends of the riverine park, with tent-friendly campgrounds, group campsites, picnic grounds and short hiking trails at both. Stopped several times just to enjoy lunch and a glass of wine. Keep in mind, if the current is not too bad, you can paddle up river and then come back with the current. guest-paddler, Humpback Whale Almost Swallows 2 Kayakers, USCG Helicopter Rescues Kayakers From Anacapa Island, CA. I know his place is gone, and he was pretty old. I am quite sure that the outfitter in Fair Bluff is now out of business. Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. Short hiking trails - but make sure you have bug spray! Lumber River Trail is a 133 long kayak and canoe trail located in several counties of North Carolina. The Broad River Blueway in South Carolina provides significant beginner-friendly and novice paddling opportunities. There can be few blisters. You wouldn’t think a place like this would be in Orrum, N.C. What a nice park! Nice pavilion, lots of picnic tables and grills. Stopped several times just to enjoy lunch and a glass of wine. Lumber river campground is very close byGreat for family & friends adventures. read more, Beautiful black river with cypress tress & moss. guest-paddler, A self-supported trip created by Nice campsites with fire rings and lantern poles, but primitive with vault toilet only! It's a good trip for beginners but the length (6 hours) is too much for kids or some beginners. Had a very peaceful and quite paddle with nothing but nature around. New restrooms, trails, boat slip, etc. Beautiful and well maintained state park. This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC. If you have AT&T cell service be prepared to have no signal. The trip was beautiful and there were many times we saw wildlife. Things to do near Lumber River State Park. guest-paddler, Humpback Whale Almost Swallows 2 Kayakers, USCG Helicopter Rescues Kayakers From Anacapa Island, CA. guest-paddler, A self-supported trip created by Even the restrooms are spotless! A bit small but directly in front of the river. The river was slower in parts but mostly we just floated because of the swiftness of the current. We camped at site #7. by  Lumber River State Park.