But I heard it and I became obsessed with it. Since he began posting on YouTube in 2008, the 26-year-old from Watford – real name Olajide Olatunji, or JJ to his mates - now reaches over 30 million subscribers, so far racking up over 5 billion views. [39], Dissimulation charted in ten other European countries. ", "Exclusive interview: who is KSI, Britain's biggest online star? All the singles and albums of KSI, peak chart positions, career stats, week-by-week chart runs and latest news. [4][12][13], In 2009, KSI registered his YouTube account under the name KSIOlajideBT. I wanted my first album to be nice and concise. Anything related to KSI. [79][80][81] The song charted at number 69 on the UK Singles Chart. [19] As an actor, KSI featured in the British comedy film Laid in America (2016), and was the subject of KSI: Can't Lose (2018), a documentary film following the build-up to his first amateur boxing fight. One of the EP's songs, "Touch Down", featuring rapper and singer Stefflon Don, appeared on the soundtrack of the 2017 film Baywatch. 1.1k. [65] Professional boxers Anthony Joshua, Deontay Wilder, Tyson Fury, Dillian Whyte and Andy Ruiz Jr. also expressed support for the event and the fact it was being held as a professional bout, highlighting the benefit it could bring to boxing in terms of expanding the sport's audience. When was it released? The line-up have 28 Top 10 singles between them. [105] The song charted at number 6 on the UK Singles Chart, making it KSI's fourth UK top 40 single and his second to reach the top ten, and it has received a Silver certification from the BPI for exceeding UK sales of 200,000 units. [41], On 4 August 2017, KSI tweeted that he would be leaving the Sidemen, citing conflicts with fellow member, Ethan Payne. It's time to take me seriously. [51] In North America, the album debuted at number 33 on the Billboard Canadian Albums Chart[52] and number 149 on the Billboard 200,[53] also topping the Billboard US Heatseekers Albums Chart. They despise it, "The Winner Of The Poppin Challenge Is...", "KSI Reveals Tracklist For 'Dissimulation' Featuring Tion Wayne, Swarmz, Offset & More", "KSI Lands Rick Ross & Lil Baby For "Down Like That, "Exclusive: Rick Ross to walk KSI out to ring for Logan Paul fight", "Ksi/Rick Ross/Lil Baby/S-X – Down Like That", "KSI Teams Up With Trippie Redd On New Track "Wake Up Call, "KSI Unites With Lil Pump & Smokepurpp On Gaudy "Poppin, "KSI Drops New Album 'Dissimulation' & Visuals For "Cap, "KSI Releases Visual For "Killa Killa" Featuring Aiyana-Lee", "YouTube star KSI out to prove the naysayers wrong on debut solo album", "REVIEW: KSI's Dissimulation marks a serious leap forward for the London rapper", "Inside the big chart battle between The 1975 and KSI", "Official Albums Downloads Chart: 29 May 2020 – 04 June 2020", "Official Albums Streaming Chart: 29 May 2020 – 04 June 2020", "Official R&B Albums Chart Top 40: 29 May 2020 – 04 June 2020", "Official Independent Albums Chart Top 50: 29 May 2020 – 04 June 2020", "The Official Top 10 biggest debut studio albums of 2020 so far", "Official Irish Albums Chart: 29 May 2020 – 04 June 2020", "2020 22-os Savaitės klausomiausi (TOP 100)", "KSI Chart History (Billboard Canadian Albums)", "The real reward in the music business is when your artists appreciate the fact that you go to war for them each and every day. With certain rap tracks, it's like, ‘Oh, it's a hype!’ And then it's done. The brothers ranked first and second respectively as the "UK's Most Influential YouTube Creators" by Tubular Labs in 2015. The YouTuber discusses his "bonkers" debut album, going against The 1975 in the charts and gaining credibility as a rapper. [7], Speaking about his aspirations for the album, KSI said, "I hope this album empowers people and allows them to believe in themselves and conquer any obstacle in their way, no matter the circumstances. Following his boxing match win against fellow YouTube Logan Paul in November 2019, he scored a Top 20 song with Down Like That ft. Rick Rossm Lil Baby and S-X. Logan Paul. I just fell back to some moments in my life and it just came out. ", "KSI: what I learned from one of YouTube's biggest stars", "Who Are The Sidemen? I always say I'm not talented—I just work hard, and I feel like that's so important. [26] The song debuted at number 6 on the UK Singles Chart, making it KSI's third-highest-charting song in the UK to date. On the track, I reference other fighters who've gone undefeated. [37], KSI co-organised and participated in the three Sidemen charity football match events. [citation needed] Introducing more vlog-style content and playing a variety of games over the next year saw his following grow more rapidly as he reached 1 million subscribers just three years after founding his channel. I didn't tell her who the song was about. ... Dissimulation is number 1 in the iTunes album charts in the UK! Responding in a series of tweets on Twitter, KSI said “the dreads live on”. Olajide Olayinka Williams "JJ" Olatunji[8] (/ɒləˈdʒiːdeɪ ɒləˈtundʒiː/, oh-lah-JEE-day oh-lah-TUHN-jee; born 19 June 1993), better known as KSI,[nb 1] is an English YouTuber, internet personality, rapper, actor, and boxer. New Age was released independently on 12 April 2019. I'm killing all of that.' [19] The song received a Gold certification from the BPI for exceeding UK sales of 400,000 units. [29][30] Accused of verbally and sexually harassing staff and attendees at the event, Microsoft cut ties with KSI and he was banned from all future Eurogamer events. [19] "Killa Killa", featuring American singer Aiyana-Lee, was released as the album's sixth single on 17 July 2020, having previously debuted at number 27 on the UK Singles Chart upon the release of the album, becoming KSI's sixth UK top 40 single. This track is straight KSI! KSI. I spoke with Tion first, he said, ‘Yeah, give that to me.’ He was pumped. [21] The same year, KSI visited Las Vegas,[27] where he discussed YouTube's launching of a paid-channel subscription project. It also received a Silver certification from the BPI. [78] KSI released the Jump Around EP's second single, "Friends with Benefits", with Dutch EDM group MNDM, on 29 July 2016, alongside a music video which has 50 million views. Since 2014, the group has consisted of seven British YouTubers: Vikram Barn (Vikkstar123), Josh Bradley (ZerkaaHD), Tobi Brown (TBJZL), Harry Lewis (W2S), Simon Minter (Miniminter), Ethan Payne (Behzinga), and KSI. [120] Heavy reported in the same year that KSI was the director of three UK companies with equity totalling $2.2 million (£1.7 million). I mean, it's Lil Pump. [92] The song charted at number 89 on the UK Singles Chart. My legacy is on the line. He told me he was getting less than that." [55], sales+streaming figures based on certification alone, List of UK R&B Albums Chart number ones of 2020, List of UK Independent Albums Chart number ones of 2020, List of UK Album Downloads Chart number ones of the 2020s, List of Official Albums Streaming Chart number ones of 2020, List of number-one albums of 2020 (Ireland), "KSI: Dissimulation review – a pugnacious debut", "KSI to Release New Album, 'Dissimulation, "KSI Shares 'Dissimulation' Extended Edition", "Artist and YouTube personality KSI signs with BMG", "KSI opens up on 'personal situations' in album Dissimulation as he predicts 'big reaction' from fans", "KSI Releases New Solo Debut Album "Dissimulation, "KSI's Dissimulation: References on album from net worth to Deji feud", "KSI To Release Debut Album "Dissimulation" on May 22nd", "KSI reveals his plan to take over the music industry", "KSI Millions track explained: Who is it about? [55] It was watched by over 2.25 million viewers live, including over 1.05 million watching pay-per-view[56] and 1.2 million watching illegal streams on Twitch. [19][102] KSI released the album's second single, "Wake Up Call", featuring American rapper and singer Trippie Redd, on 31 January 2020. [95], KSI announced on 28 February 2019 that he would be releasing a collaboration album with British YouTube rapper Randolph titled New Age, as well as going on a tour across the UK and some parts of Europe to promote the album.