How many of these did you need? Hello! I haven’t really shared Sophia’s room yet, but here is a picture of it.

The 39in long ikea shelves were trimmed to around 35in for each side using the brackets that comes with the shelves on the tower side and these brackets on the wall side and on the top shelf. STEP 4: Install the closet pole sockets. Read on for my full IKEA PAX Wardrobe review…. So happy to feature it in last week’s Share Your Style #225, thank you! I’m not sure why builders install sliding doors on closets. my computer is 100 years old… it finally loaded all the links to everything, It’s from pottery barn kids. I also added a gold necklace holder with a basket at the top to put other things like watches.

My ceilings were 8′ tall, so the 93″ Ikea PAX units were around 3″ away from the ceiling already. We built our closet one frame at a time to make sure it wouldn’t be a total disaster and waste of money. The left side wall to door frame measurement is 19″ (this side is used for hanging clothes), and the right side wall to door frame measurement is 11″ (this side is full of shelves). I’m Kasandra, a working wife and mother from a small western Kansas town. by Alex - 04:47 AM - 09.10.2019. Done with that part?

Trust me when I say the top of the regular Ikea PAX units leave the onlooker wanting something more. That was because the Ikea PAX attendant had told me that I could pull in Piece 1 (the bigger unit) towards the middle of the wall for the 2 piece corner unit.

There are also a lot of different options for jewelry/accessory drawers, pull-outs for hanging things, types of doors, etc. Instead of my socks spilling over on top of my underwear, each category is neatly sectioned off within my drawer. Think about other elements you can pull in to make sure your IKEA wardrobe closet meets your needs. Hey there!

I’ve been trying to build this. My total cost (without tax) for everything I bought at IKEA for our closet … Ok so just to clarify, the wallpaper shown in the picture is only on the closet wall (not on the back of the tower)? I have been looking for some closet ideas and couldn’t find any good ones until I saw this outstanding website. It’s up to you whether or not you keep them, but I’d recommend tearing them out, as we ended up screwing the frames into the walls for added stability. Ps: Here are some other Ikea Hacks that you might enjoy:1- Everyone’s favorite, the Ikea Kallax makeover2- Another popular one, the super simple Ikea Malm Dresser makeover3- How to transform the Ikea Vittsjo table and Shelves with gold paint!

Then two 75cm one on either side. One last thing that I added to my drawers: These super handy adjustable drawer organizers. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. The Full Reveal – IKEA PAX Closet Renovation with Before and Afters! We gave them a light sand and stained the wood rods using leftover Rubio Monocoat Oil from when we refinished the floors. Hi there, looking to replicate this for my daughters nursery. listeners: [], Go into an IKEA store to design your closet.

I quickly ran out of shoe space and using these little shoe organizers to stack your heels doubles your shoe storage space on your shelves! Their interactive PAX system build tool is amazing! After we secured the Ikea Pax to the center of the closet we started adding the shelves and rods. BEAUTIFUL! They were definitely a splurge, but so so worth it! Thank you for sharing your designs. , nvm! Hi Katie, the wallpaper was done before the closet. Updating my early 1900’s farmhouse has shown me how much I enjoy DIY projects, making old things new again, finding unique ways to decorate my home, and, most importantly, sharing all of these things with others!

It’s also just really helpful to see the different sizes, doors, and accessory options in person so you can get an idea of what you want in your custom closet. So all in all, including the Task Rabbit’s time and my time, set up took around five hours.

For some reason I cant find the brackets on line. We have half-inch thick baseboards and there’s no way we’re about to tear out baseboards in our apartment. My plan was to have the Ikea closet in the middle an add shelves and rods to each side to create a custom closet. This was something I was a little nervous about since it is IKEA and sometimes things can be a bit off if you know what I mean! This post details the building process of my DIY custom closet. I am still in love with the pulls and knobs that we purchased for the closet. We mean it.

Hi!! Customization: It’s totally custom! Can you link the brackets that you used from Home Depot? I’m on a storage and organization kick this year and the IKEA wardrobe closet has already made such a difference in our home.