Put their faith and trust in God and His promises. This article reminded me how critical for us as believers to consecrate ourselves in these last and evil days. Sometimes, we go about our daily lives and maybe get lax or complacent or even self-satisfied. I am His man or woman forever. for 15 years I’ve led a solitary life ( work of course ) I make no friends or enemies. Luke 9:23 “Then he said to them all: Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me.”. Consecration is our reasonable response to God’s redemption. Listen to his voice and do what He says. So the word for you today is – consecrate yourself to God. The young man didn’t do it. Today I decided I would try to Google it. He wrote about the Christian life and founded many churches in China.). Grow up in the things of God, surrender all to Him, read and study your Bible. Christianity is not casual. Consecration is an ever-deepening love for Jesus, a childlike trust in your heavenly Father, and a blind obedience to the Holy Spirit. I use to think that consecration has more to do sacramental rights or offering but now i really understand it is about setting yourself apart to God in totality by His grace (Romans 12:1-2 NKJV) and its all wrapped up in obedience of God’s commandment (Matthew 22:37-40 NKJV) with this I can confidently say “Dear Lord I am privileged to be yours to use as you will. Consecration is not just for our own benefit but also for the Body of Christ. I am in the middle of a fast and today, it struck me that I may have not fully understood what is meant by consecrate yourself. Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. All those are good things, but that isn’t consecration. Joshua told the people, “Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the LORD will do amazing things among you.” Joshua 3:5. We present our bodies to serve God in whatever capacity the Lord has for us. were consecrated or devoted to Him for sacrifice, the children, however, being redeemed. When we consecrate ourselves to God, we sacrifice our desires not because we have to but because we want to. Idolatry is anything you set above doing the will of God in your life—whether it is wealth, the accumulating of wealth, your family, your pride. Praise God!!! To see God’s amazing works in our lives, we must examine ourselves and motives and commit ourselves to Him in every area. “Our entire life is directed toward the service of God. Thank you, your brother in the Lord Jimmy Lee Williams, God bless. For that reason it buildings required only for temporary use are y. often not formally consecrated, but blessed in a the lesser degree known as dedication. Glory to God for the Wisdom shared in this Article. Wow! It’s surrendering all of you to all of Him. In Christian anesthesiology consecration is resolvable into. Christ asks us to take up our cross daily. So then glorify God in your body” (1 Cor. Not unwillingly but we give our lives to the Lord when we ask Him to forgive us and save us from our sins. I am very thankful for this informative piece, it has given me great insight into being set apart for my awesome God. In order for us to see miraculous things in our lives, we need to consecrate ourselves. at least I know what it takes now. If only all of us would say of our love, “I do not ever want to be free of the Lord. I have not even scraped the tip of the iceberg and am excited to see what’s in store from here. Your paper has given me much clarity, thank you . The word consecrate means to be set apart for the service of God. (taken from GotQuestions.org). It’s the complete divestiture of all self-interest. Commentdocument.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a31139e9fffad42a897ef26592101f1c" );document.getElementById("bcb10b834a").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Joshua told the people, “Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the LORD will do amazing things among you.” Joshua 3:5. This was a really good exposition on how to consecrate yourself. Jesus wasn’t saying that you couldn’t have money to be saved but that you must not have idols or anything that was more important that the Lord. Because the Lord bought our lives with His own sinless blood, he has the right to ask us to consecrate ourselves. No one can consecrate himself unless he first touches the Lord’s love. Verse 5 – 6 says, “But if the servant declares, ‘I love my master and my wife and children and do not want to go free,’ then his master must take him before the judges. God wants to do amazing things for us. Have you heard God tell you something? A man consecrates himself to the Lord because of the Lord’s love. Joshua tells the Israelites to consecrate themselves because the Lord will do great things through them. During my Christian walk, I want to be real, honest, open. I have made alone but not lonely. In England, the legal effect of the formal consecration of  a church by a bishop is that it can only be used n for sacred purposes. I love you my dear brother in Christ Jesus Name. When one touches the Lord’s love, * consecration spontaneously follows. No one can consecrate himself unless he first touches the Lord’s love. Are you willing to follow Jesus if it means the loss of your reputation? no friends, no family, no Woman and I prefer to When I was a child, I spoke like a child…. “I exhort you therefore, brothers, through the compassions of God to present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, well pleasing to God which is your reasonable service” Rom. Tim, you, dear brother, of the many of God’s servants who make themselves available for His use, I know very few who have done so to the extent and with as much honor to the Lord of the universe as have you. When we consecrate ourselves, we are able to help other people whether Christian or the ungodly. The guiding principal is his Holy Spirit, the word, commandments, statues, laws, precepts, Jesus Christ, obedience to his will and they are all one. God calls us to service and we answer, “Yes, Lord I am yours body, soul, will, emotions. Our job is consecration. keep it that way. They are enshrined in a special service at a special time. The Lord comes first. Church. It’s a simple recognition that every second of your time, every ounce of your energy, and every penny of your money is a gift from God and for God. It is not optional but required since we are all priests for God. after reading this : I figure we do this first THEN seek to consecrate ourselves : but now I have a better under standing —————————————————————————————— Change ). Consecration means dethroning yourself and enthroning Jesus as Lord of your life. In the Old Testament not only men and beasts were consecrated to the Lord but also houses, fields and the walls of Jerusalem . This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. I am a mature Christian but I felt like the Lord was dealing with me in a strong way. A man must touch the Lord’s love before he can consecrate himself to Him. I can serve with Passion but without love, I can read my Bible and be educated in the word and it’s still w/o Love. If there comes a point in your life where you are faced with a choice—Jesus or the comforts of this life—which will you choose? Now I am truly ready to consecrate myself to God. So they stray away, or never grow as a Christian because they are always fighting against God’s service. We are in a love relationship with Jesus. On the threshold of the Promised Land, God said to His people, ‘Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do amazing things among you.’ When you consecrate yourself to God He will do things in you, with you, for you, and through you that will amaze you. We need to be flexible. God has a way of bring back His word to our remembrance. It is to say to the Lord, “Because you have loved me, saved me, brought me out of darkness into your marvelous light, because you protect me and keep me, because You have so drastically changed my life for the better, because you have made a new person of me—I will serve you and do what you ask of me!”. (I) the dedication of persons or things to the service of God with appropriate ceremonies; (2) the formal declaration that in consequence of being devoted to God they are now sacred; (3) the imparting in the case of some persons (e.g.