You have permission to edit this article. She can be reached at 504.450.8481 or email her at gretnaglance@cox.net. ", Our Uber driver had a heck of a time finding it for what should have been a 10 min trip was 45 minutes. Buy a t-shirt from the firemen while you're there! My Grief Chyron Is Really Long Right Now. Its also still a working Fire Station, and the crew are always happy to chat. – The station is still being used, so be careful when you approach it. It seems the firehouse crew has a collection of disfigured clocks and phones they've recovered from various conflagrations. Not a great deal to see but one for the bucket list. It's easy to walk from the firehouse to either Chinatown or Wall Street and so you can just stop by on the way to somewhere else. They have the GB logo but it’s for the firehouse and the ghost is wearing a fire helmet. She was a hairdresser by trade and the life of the party otherwise, a founder of the Krewe of Diana. Lycester Lewis Trauth (1913-2003), portrayed by Irvin Schwarz, was called "Cess." Trauth married over 17,000 couples in his reign as "The Marrying Judge.". Ways to Experience GhostBusters Firestation. Any answers would be appreciated. The Ghostbusters Firehouse is about what you would expect. Hotels near USA Beauty School International, Inc. Hotels near Metropolitan College of New York, Hotels near International Culinary Center, Gift & Speciality Shops in Flatiron District, Observation Decks & Towers in New York City, Points of Interest & Landmarks in New York City, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing in New York City, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours in New York City, Self-Guided Tours & Rentals in New York City, Health/Fitness Clubs & Gyms in New York City, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours in New York City, Fishing Charters & Tours in New York City, Observatories & Planetariums in New York City, Mass Transportation Systems in New York City, Game & Entertainment Centres in New York City, Boat Tours & Water Sports in New York City, Dolphin & Whale Watching in New York City, Parasailing & Paragliding in New York City, Conference & Convention Centres in New York City, The National 9/11 Memorial & Museum: Tickets & Tours‎, The Metropolitan Museum of Art: Tickets & Tours‎. I needed to make a pilgrimage to Tribeca, and one that was a long time in coming. Upon asking him about the filming of Ghostbusters and where we might find other related locations, he confessed he didn't know much, as he wasn't working here at the time. Like Share Add to tour Hotspots, custom images and audio can be shared publicly only with Kuula PRO. The Ghostbusters fire station is an operational fire station for Hook and Ladder 8, and is located in Tribeca not far from the 9/11 museum. A must for ghostbuster fans, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. Adrien F. "Babe" Lapeyronnie (1896-1975), portrayed by Paul Coles, was a wealthy businessman who co-developed old Garden Park. Virtual reality. Reviewed 11 October 2018 . We Cater… from our kitchen to your table, whether it is lunch at the office, corporate events or parties at home, Hook & Ladder caters for all occasions. We were hoping for that for our grandson who loves all the movies. Getting to Hook and Ladder 8 is surprisingly easy – the subway will drop you off just a few steps away. Promise. I usually roam around the city, using my blessedly-large nose to seek out and follow the smell of baked goods, often to a happy end. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. His power hitting earned him the nickname, "Babe," as he played on the assessor's baseball team. 3D. 1153 290. Crewe, United Kingdom. The firefighters I encountered were incredibly polite, and no strangers to curious tourists, but you’ll still want to get the heck out of the way if they start to pull the truck out of the garage. And at least once a week Rand will do something that will cause me to yell, “What did you do, RAY? There was one other item of interest we found, too. Ghostbusters ranks high on my list of favorites, and even to this day, quotes from the movie pepper my vernacular. Called Uncle Fred whether related or not. Get new blog posts delivered straight to your inbox. In reality it houses Hook and Ladder Company #8, who were all pretty friendly and didn't mind us taking a look around, although they did turn down my request to have a slide down the pole. Unlisted. Pleased it is still a working fire station. He was the father of 92-year-old Audrey Ezzo who is still actively about the community. Then again, perhaps it’s fitting that it doesn’t look like the movie logo. Hook & Ladder Company 8. Firehouse, Hook & Ladder Company 8 is a New York City Fire Department (FDNY) fire station, located at 14 North Moore Street at its intersection with Varick Street in the Tribeca neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City. It’s a reminder that the beloved stories from our childhoods are merely that – stories – and that reality can be far grimer. Gretna was on the route with a roundhouse, switchyards and spurs. A pity you only see the outside of the building but glad we went. Verdict: Visit, if you are in the area (the station is close to the SOHO shopping district and is by no means out of the way). He was a chemical engineer who worked as a chemist and for fun played baseball with Gretna's semi-pro team the Matthew Pets. Also is the restoration done on it? Its exterior has become famous as the base of the Ghostbusters in the supernatural comedy film franchise of the same name. But, they did point out a few photos of the cast they had displayed on one wall, including pictures of the Ecto 1, taken during filming. (Photo by Helen Williams).