My husband (who claims he “hates all lasagnas”) could not stop raving over how good it is. ","position":4,"name":"To assemble, spread about 1 to 1 1\/2...","url":"https:\/\/www.melskitchencafe.com\/white-chicken-and-spinach-lasagna\/#mv_create_768_4"},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"Layer on 1\/2 of the chopped spinach. Simple and really delicious. Other than adding a little broth around the edges of the pan, I’m not sure what else to do other than baking longer. I had fresh lasagna sheets, the sauce ingredients, mozzarella and parm, and frozen Tysons grilled chicken pieces (about 4 cups) on hand. Sooo…. Thank you so much for the many recipes that you have posted – I’ve tried quite a few of them and absolutely love them! Set aside.In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. 3 ounces Parmesan cheese (about 1 to 1 1/2 cups), reserve 1/4 cup for the top of the lasagna My dear husband made this. It was amazing!

Best lasagna ever! 1/2 cup chopped white or yellow onion I give my family new recipes continually and these recipes are readily and eagerly accepted. I’m so glad you’re enjoying our recipes! Cook the lasagna noodles according to package instructions, but … We had a 100% vote to keep this recipe! My mom and I made this lasagna today and our whole family loved it.

Anyway, they all belonged to the clean plate club last night. Anyway, it probably doesn’t matter – thanks for sticking with the recipe and modifying it to work for you!

Made a half batch and am regretting not doing a full one. Or am I better off making a 9×13 and freezing half after it’s baked?

Hope it worked out! I only used one 10 oz.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Just made this for dinner and it was a success! we are talking about a creamy, cheesy, bubbling white chicken spinach lasagna … Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a rolling boil. That’s so great!

You can cook your own Instant Pot Chicken or use a store-bought Rotisserie Chicken.

Hi Ashley, 4 cups of shredded chicken is going to be between 12-16 oz. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Freeze. While pasta cooks, melt the butter in a large saucepan over low to medium heat and cook the onion and garlic in the butter until tender, stirring frequently. Hi Taty, yes, you can assemble it a day ahead and cook the following day, just be sure not to overcook the noodles. In a 9x13 inch casserole dish start layering as follows: place 3 cooked lasagna noodles at bottom of dish, and spread half of the chicken mixture over the noodles, sprinkle 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup of mozzarella over the chicken … My husband and I run this blog together and share only our best, family approved and tested recipes with YOU. Made this last night. Can this be made a day ahead and cooked the next day? The Spinach Béchamel Sauce is awesome. ).Place 3 noodles over the top, gently pressing down to compress the layers below. Cookware (Keeping it in the fridge) ? Does this mean freeze before it is ever cooked? I had a 1 lb box of spinach, which is 2 oz less than what is called for, and despite all my mashing, I could not make it fit. Thanks for that tip. Lightly grease a 13 X 9 baking dish (I rub a little olive oil on the bottom and sides). Notes In this ultimate indulgent lasagna, the egg-rich pasta turns silky as it bakes with creamy, cheesy white sauce.

Y’all make the béchamel sauce (super easy) and don’t take a shortcut. That’s just awesome! 1 teaspoon salt I even left out the chicken in one quadrant for my vegetarian friend!

Thank you for the wonderful review!

Three toppings to choose from are an extra bonus.

Or would it affect the taste? Was very delicious! I just watched your creamy chicken lasagna blog and my stomach wouldnt stop growling, my guestion is can you sub the flour and use gluten free noodles, I would love to make this for my son and grandson but my son is celiac, and his reaction gets worse with each exposure to wheat. They were edible- just very al dente! I also used half ricotta and half cottage cheese which I whirred in a food process to get it smooth then I added a pinch of nutmeg to the cheese mix. My husband and I loved it. Hi Kathy, you can assemble it a day ahead and cook the following day, just be sure not to overcook the noodles. Cook pasta in a large pot of salted water until al dente according to package instructions then drain hot water and add cold water to the pot to stop the cooking process and prevent noodles from sticking together. I don’t have plants yet of having an app but maybe in the future! We’ve (ok, I’ve) made it for company, eaten it just the seven of us for Sunday dinners, and given it out as a freezer meal to friends.

There are 4 main components to a creamy white chicken lasagna: lasagna noodles, a simple bechamel spinach sauce, and a ricotta cheese sauce. Will definately make it again. Hi Jenn, I wonder if you are using the no boil noodles? Both guys swore that this was hands-down the best white lasagna (or any lasagna for that matter) that they had ever had — even better than both of their mother’s “secret recipes” or from an authentic Italian restaurant. . 2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese . We’re always on the lookout for those fake pages so thanks for letting us know! Definitely a keeper for weekends! Three Years Ago: Healthy and Delicious {Refrigerator} Bran Muffins, {"@context":"http:\/\/schema.org","@type":"Recipe","name":"White Chicken and Spinach Lasagna","author":{"@type":"Person","name":"Mel"},"datePublished":"2018-11-30","recipeYield":6,"image":["https:\/\/www.melskitchencafe.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/2013\/09\/white-lasagna2-320x320.jpg","https:\/\/www.melskitchencafe.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/2013\/09\/white-lasagna2-480x360.jpg","https:\/\/www.melskitchencafe.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/2013\/09\/white-lasagna2-480x270.jpg","https:\/\/www.melskitchencafe.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/2013\/09\/white-lasagna2.jpg"],"recipeCategory":"Chicken","prepTime":"PT20M","cookTime":"PT55M","performTime":"PT55M","totalTime":"PT1H15M","recipeIngredient":["9 no-boil lasagna noodles","2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese","2-3 cups cooked chicken","1 pound mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 4 cups)","3 ounces Parmesan cheese (about 1 to 1 1\/2 cups), reserve 1\/4 cup for the top of the lasagna","2 (9-ounces each) packages baby spinach, roughly chopped","1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley","4 tablespoons butter","1\/2 cup chopped white or yellow onion","2 cloves garlic, minced","6 tablespoons all-purpose flour","1 cup low-sodium chicken broth","2 1\/2 cups milk","3\/4 teaspoon dried basil","3\/4 teaspoon dried oregano","1 teaspoon salt","1\/2 teaspoon black pepper"],"recipeInstructions":[{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9X13-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. Thank you! Thanks for your outstanding recipes!

Using canned chicken will work for chicken lasagna, just be sure it is well-drained.

You’ve inspired me. Thank you so much for sharing that with me Debra! Will post again when made. Made the lasagna today and my husband and family loved it! That stuff was not all going in no matter how I squished it! I usually only buy the no cook variety but some helpful shoppers may have tripped my up! Thank you for a great recipe, Natasha. . But I can always tell when the fam is sick and tired of having a food-blogger for a mother-slash-wife because the disturbance in the force goes something like this: “for all that is good and righteous, please let it be taco night.”. 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley

Spoon about 1/4 cup sauce on the baking dish and top with 2 lasagna noodles, followed by ¼ cup of the ricotta, 2/3 cup chicken, 2/3 cup mozzarella, 1 tablespoon Parmesan and ½ cup of the sauce. Just make sure to cover every noodle with sauce and try to avoid overlapping them too much. Hi Sherry, I think that would be a tasty experiment! Thanks. I’ve googled and it says not to use tin foil pans to prepare and freeze because the food might taste tinny (mine will be frozen for 3 weeks). Thank you for sharing that awesome review! . Two Years Ago: Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Oh, and I just have to say that sauce is ah-may-zing!!!

I’m so happy you enjoyed it Alan! Hi Natasha,

Need to know something, in my country; can’t find Ricotta cheese; so what’s the substitute that I can use instead of Ricotta cheese. It will seem like a lot but just spread it evenly - it will cook down while baking. Natasha’s favorite tips to unleash your inner chef! When ready to cook, take out of foil put in glass pan, thaw, and cook.