They loved the smell of them baking and then when they were cooled enough for them to eat with some butter…..they are asking for more!!!! I definitely preferred the ones with chocolate (but then, who wouldn’t?) This will make them sweeter and you shouldn’t need honey, but you certainly can add it if you like. You can always add a tablespoon or two of honey or maple syrup if it’s not sweet enough for you. This is a PERFECT recipe to go with all of those near-FREE Oatmeal containers that were on sale at Publix last week! Bake at 350°F for 20 -23 minutes. has more products similar to those used for this recipe and that I recommend to, banana, flourless, gluten free, healthy, low calorie, muffin, oat, oil free, refined sugar free, Easy, Gluten Free Recipes for Weight Loss, Walking For Weight Loss, How I Lost 80 Pounds Walking, 5 Ingredient Coconut Flour Waffles {Paleo, GF, Low Cal}, High Protein Oatmeal, How To Make Healthier Oatmeal…. I too add extra banana, I also added three Tablespoons of Chia seeds and a teaspoon of pumpkin spice. It’s so fun to hear all your changes and I LOVE that you tried an avocado for the fat. Success! Makes for a perfect snack, breakfast on the go, or dessert. YAY! I used half WW flour and half oat flour. A healthy breakfast muffin … Ruth. . There was an error submitting your subscription. I made these today and followed the directions exactly. Melt the butter in a small skillet set over medium heat, and cook until it starts to bubble and … I just got these out of the oven and they are amazing! Customize to make your favorite muffin flavors. I am currently in college and I am currently on a path to weight loss and a grab-and-go is perfect for me! I use my mixer to mash them before adding the other wet ingredients. Check out these healthy cookies with no flour, no dairy, no eggs, and no added sugar. These helpful pointers will help you get the most out of the healthy muffin recipe with banana: I get lots of questions about this recipe. Tag @brendidblog on Instagram and hashtag it #brendid. Here are a few substitutions and frequently asked questions: Can’t get enough healthy baked goods? You may want to double it to try it first. I also used coconut oil and added dried cranberries. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and generously grease a mini muffin pan. Thank you! Hope you enjoy them! Healthy Banana Oat Muffins (https://youtu.be/SumKbntg-pU). I can’t wait to try these. Thinking I might switch out the banana for pumpkin and add pumpkin pie spice. Would it be okay if I did a little link-back from my blog to show a few of my friends what you did with the Quick Cook Oatmeal??? Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. As the recipe makes 36 mini muffins you will need to refill the tins and bake the remaining mixture once the first lot have finished baking. Made with honey, oats, bananas, coconut oil and chocolate chips! Green Cleaning Ingredients You Should Never Mix, Easy Tassel Flowers: DIY Dandelion Bouquet, How to Make Liquid Spray Starch – 3 Non-Toxic Recipes, dried cranberries, mixed berries or apricots (diced), Place oats on a baking sheet and toast until lightly browned, stirring once (about 4 to 6 minutes). Get a meal plan designed to meet your weight loss goals. Thanks for sharing. So I know my two toddlers will love them in the morning. They are perfect to store in the freezer for a quick and easy breakfast or snack option on the go. Your email address will not be published. Was just thinking that it was about time to make some muffins…I will so be making this tomorrow. [instagram-feed num=7 cols=7 showheader=false showbutton=false showfollow=false]. Sprinkle muffin tops with the 2 Tbsp of reserved oats, press lightly to make sure they stick. I took them with us to playgroup this morning and most were eaten (I made them as mini muffins)… my oldest (4) did hesitate just a moment when first eating it because we’re trying to wean off all the holiday sugar… but then gobbled another up! 5 minutes prep time, so easy and delicious! I’ve made it many, many times. Learn More, A classically trained chef with a passion for cooking! I was wondering, can you use Greek yoghurt instead of milk? Did you use the coconut oil 1:1? I would LOVE to add chocolate chips but since I have none, (and I’m trying to be good) I will add walnuts instead. This post uses affiliate links. . I love that it uses whole wheat flour, oatmeal and sweetened without refined sugar. Oh yummy!! Remove from the oven and cool in the pan 5 minutes before removing and enjoying. So thrilled you enjoyed them, but unfortunately, I don’t have a calorie count. I made these for a road trip. My two year old and I had one for a snack and they are fabulous! Reply. Definately sharing this recipe!!!! Learn more. I know exactly what you mean! It’s a little trickier to work with since it solidifies at cooler temps (like if you melt it for these muffins and then try to stir it into cold milk/egg – better stir fast, you end up with big clumps!) This gluten-free healthy muffins recipe uses no flour, no sugar, and no oil but still produces moist, delicious muffins. These healthy breakfast goodies are made lighter with baking powder and gain nice texture with rolled oats. Way to go. Whip up a batch of these diabetic-friendly Banana-Oat Muffins for a quick and easy snack or add them to complete a balanced breakfast. Last time I added Cinnamon and Nutmeg. Like, the smell alone makes me nauseous. Place all the ingredients (except chocolate chips if using) into a blender or food processor. They came out really well and with the lower amount of sugar, they’ll be perfect for us to munch on in the car. Hungry for More? (Tops should spring back when lightly pressed and/or a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin should come out clean. Defrost and use when convenient. Store in an airtight container for 2-3 days or freeze in a snaplock bag. 2 – Healthy Pumpkin Muffins  or Healthy Zucchini Muffins – Delicious fall flavors (pumpkin spice or classic zucchini bread) with no flour, no sugar, no oil, and no guilt! Thanks for telling me that you swapped out the coconut oil. I was looking for a healthier version of the recipe I usually use (which had lots of butter, sugar and eggs). LOVE hearing that!!!! I used 3 ripe bananas, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon and it tasted wonderful. These muffins look and sound yummy. 5 minutes prep … Optional: add the oats to the blender and pulse a few times - this makes the oats more like flour and creates a softer muffin but this step is totally optional. Turn oven heat up to 350°F degrees to bake the muffins. In fact, many of them are surprised when I tell them not to restrict foods they love. Inside a blender, place banana, oats, yogurt, eggs, honey, baking powder, and baking soda. This has become my go-to banana muffin recipe. 1/4 teaspoon salt. ), Divide oats into portions of 1.5 cups, 1 cup and 2 Tbsp. Weight loss is about making peace with all foods, learning the right skills to balance foods you enjoy and having the right attitude and mindset to keep going even when you’re not eating perfect. I can’t wait to try them. These Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins make breakfast time so much easier! but they were all yummy, my kids love them, and they’re super filling. Jan 11, 2011 | Muffins & Breads | 68 comments. Perfect! I can’t believe a recipe without butter could be so tasty and the fact that I used canola oil makes them a much healthier choice. No sugar is added to this recipe. I just made these muffins (only with almond milk) and wow they are delicious! Banana, Chocolate, Cinnamon, Coconut Oil, Healthy, Muffins, Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins, How to make Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins, Watch how to make Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins. Read through the comments because I love how some of my readers have put their own twist on this recipe. The kid in me, loves chocolate so I added 4 tablespoons of … i tested them at 13 minutes and they were a somewhat overcooked at 13 minutes. Add in the mix-ins of your choice; stir to combine. I substituted soy milk for the milk. Blend until smooth. YEs, I’ve cut the sugar in half too but my sweet tooth kids then wanted brown sugar on top. I made one batch with chocolate chips and one without. Oh, so sorry to hear that. This recipe looks so yum I can practically taste it…and seeing as I have some freshly milled soft white wheat in the fridge this could come together pretty quick…thanks for posting this! to this banana muffin recipe. I double the amount listed for both baking soda and baking powder. I have a child who HATES to get up in the morning (she’s a natural night owl like her mother) but HAS to be on the bus ready for a productive day of school at 7:30. With teenage boys, just wondering if I’ll have to double or triple it to have any left after breakfast. Oh wow! Had to use regular sugar as I found I was out of honey, so I’m looking forward to trying them again with the honey next time! I”m glad you enjoyed these healthy banana oatmeal muffins, Carol! My 6 year old gave them a double thumbs up!!! 3 cups rolled oats or old fashioned oats. I did use muffin liners sprayed with pam. They sound so good. ), 1/2 cup milk when using honey (3/4 cup milk when using sugar), 2/3 cup mashed banana (I often add a bit extra to top it off. Healthy Banana Oatmeal Muffins made in the blender! Scoop into muffin tin, well greased or lined with parchment muffin wrappers (makes 14 muffins). Can’t guarantee texture, but I bet the taste would be good. I recommend adding 1 cup. These sugar free, no flour healthy banana and peanut butter muffins are perfect for breakfast on the go and for babies & toddlers! (If you like a bit more sweetness to your muffins, sprinkle a little brown sugar on top before baking.) You can also customize the spices: add an extra teaspoon of cinnamon, some nutmeg, or even pumpkin pie spice. Ingredients 2 ½ cups old-fashioned oats ( 1.5 cups ground, 1 cup whole) 2 Tbsp old-fashioned oats for muffin tops 2 – 3 large overripe bananas ( 1 cup mashed or or 1 cup applesauce) 2 large eggs, (lightly beaten, may use flax eggs) 1/3 cup honey 3/4 cup milk (or non-dairy milk) 2 … This undesirable combination has led to a lot of stomping, a good deal of nagging, and more than a few pre-packaged breakfasts snatched from the pantry at the last possible second to gobble on the way to the bus stop. . Thyme Theme by Restored 316. The ingredients say “1/4 Honey”. I also added 1/2 cup of dried blueberry to the muffins. These Banana Nut Baked Oatmeal Muffins are easy to make in one bowl and are a healthy, portable breakfast that is great for making ahead for busy mornings! Add 1/2 cup of fresh, dried or frozen fruit or 1/2 cut of chopped nuts to the batter.