All Rights Reserved.Photography by Michelle Christiance and Nick Anderson, High End Hand-forged Knives for Collectors, Chefs & Knife Enthusiasts, classes page on the Alchemy Metalworks site, Heavy Hitters: The Forged Cleaver - May. It’s the John White MS (Mastersmith) Memorial Best Bowie... “That is real art”. These knives are very function forward. My name is Josh Smith and I am a master bladesmith in Frenchtown, Montana. $20 per person. I take pride in my ability to create many different styles of knives. Outdoor knives are a staple in the life of a Service member, Hunter, or outdoors-man! For more information, or if you have any questions, please shoot me an email here. These are words that most makers hear from time to time. Catch me and a table full of my wares…, Christmas Market in Charlotte NC coming up. I am a member of the Antique Bowie Knife Association, American Bladesmith Society and the Custom Knives Collectors Association. Based in Oakland, CA. It is my unique design of one piece forged from carbon steel knife. Maker of high end culinary knives, hunting & outdoor knives. At GUINEA HOG FORGE we handcraft products that are both beautiful and functional. We specialize in creating high quality knives out of carbon tool steels and high quality stainless steels. North Woods Forge is a professional blacksmith shop catering to all things metal, including custom knives. Tools are there to improve our lives, and a well-crafted kitchen knife does just that! This is my third production run —…, Come see me this coming weekend, April – Saturday 27 2019. For those who love to cook, the cleaver is a common favorite in the kitchen. I am a member of the Antique Bowie Knife Association, American Bladesmith Society and the Custom Knives Collectors Association. ... Tools are there to improve our lives, and a well-crafted kitchen knife does just that! I’m happy to say that I’ve joined up with James Austin, Blacksmith at his shop Alchemy Metalworks in Oakland where I’m doing bladesmithing and teaching knifemaking classes, workshops, and team building workshops centered around bladesmithing. We’ll cover material selection, forging the blade, grinding technique, heat treatment (normalizing, hardening, tempering), as well as handle fitup and finishing touches.
High quality blades can last life times when maintained. From the field to the kitchen to walking into harm's way, Burt Foster Handmade Knives excel. Featured In “About You” Magazine December Issue, Winner: 2018 John White MS Memorial Best Bowie. Each material is hand picked for its designed task. I am Will Ferraby, a knife artist, making hand crafted kitchen knives here in the City of Steel, Sheffield, England. Every hand made blade has its own character and there will only ever be one like it in the entire world! Doberman Forge is named for an amazing, late family pet, a courageous guard dog as well as a beloved family companion, stereotyped as highly aggressive and viscous, a formidable guardian. Whether you are using it as a camp knife, whittling, hacking brush, or skinning wild game… a quality made blade makes the world of difference. The ranks of the ABS hold some wonderful artists, some of which I can only hope to imitate at some time in the future. Hand-forged knives custom made by bladesmith Nick Anderson in the California Bay Area. New Custom Blades & More! I live in Arkansas, the heart of the custom knife making world. Click the link to browse through our incredible collection. Each piece is individually hand-forged in a charcoal forge using locally sourced charcoal from sustainable coppiced hardwood . There is a neat little show happening for the next 3 weekends in south Charlotte, NC at a local brewery:…, 2019 Blade Show is a wrap. Hand forged kitchen knives, bowies, liner lock folders, hunting knives, fighters, push daggers, swords, and daggers. Please contact in advance if possible to let us know you’re coming and to let you in! 15-17, 2020. A well-balanced chef knife that has a razor sharp, easily serviceable edge makes food prep fun again and efficient! Feel free to look around and get to know me and my knives. My X-Rhea knife. Utilitarian tools are a definite focal point for Doberman Forge. Shop Now. It was very exciting for me this year! Below is a list of upcoming classes that I’ll be teaching at Alchemy Metalworks in Oakland, CA. A Cut Above: Knifemaking in Arkansas Behind every great knife is the ancient art of bladesmithing. See More. About Josh. Join us every 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month at 2440 Adeline St. in Oakland for the Alchemy Metalworks Open Forge nights from 7-9pm. Why purchase a custom made knife? I now concentrate mainly on my passion of making hand-forged Chefs and Bushcraft knives. Custom Knives .

Now teaching knifemaking classes in Oakland, CA. I also offer private workshops for groups of 4 or more, and individual instruction as well. I make one off handmade kitchen knives using Sheffield steel and custom handles made from ethical woods, recycled materials and handmade composite layers. Indy Hammered Knives would like to showcase some of our hand-forged knives.
A well-balanced chef knife that has a razor sharp, easily serviceable edge makes food prep fun again and efficient! This concept is inspired by things I’ve learned from my time as a historic blacksmith.

Get the latest on Workshops, Events. My name is Lin Rhea (pronounced “Ray”) and I am a Master Bladesmith. And no other place in the world has contributed to that art quite like Arkansas. Custom Hand Made Knives Forged in Fire Champion. It’s development is a fine exercise in hammer control for the smith, yet it produces a strong, beautiful and unique knife. Every stage of the forging process is done by myself using hand held hammers ( not power hammers or hydraulic presses). Resembling a cross between a knife and a hatchet, the cleaver is designed to withstand heavy blows and hard use where other knives would fracture or buckle under the impact. My knives are hand forged in the manner of old world craftsmanship. Each one of my knives is handmade by me - in my shop, from start to finish. To see the full list of classes we offer, including blacksmithing classes by James Austin, see our classes page on the Alchemy Metalworks site. For more info on classes and team builds, please send me an email here! Akin to the strengths of the Doberman breed, we strive to pound the same qualities into our blades: Elegance (design), intelligence (making process), attentiveness (attention to detail), loyalty (everlasting). A friend for life, a one-of-a-kind knife! This year was the very first…, I will be exhibiting for the 2nd year at Blade show 2019 located in Atlanta Georgia at the Cobb Galleria!…, Introducing my newest line of kitchen knives! My knives are hand forged in the manner of old world craftsmanship. I do not farm out any aspect of my knives…every part is handmade by myself. If you have any questions, would like to have a custom knife made or just want to say “Hi” please go to my contact page. Each knife’s service expectations are weighed intently by the blade-smith, then the blade materials are chosen from the highest quality American made steels available. I invite you to look around, watch my videos and browse my galleries. Copyright 2019 NANDA Knives. There is an annual event that might be overlooked by the average person but for those who are interested in the look and historic significance of the Bowie Knife, this event is pretty exciting.

I do not farm out any aspect of my knives…every part is handmade by myself. In this 3-day class, we’ll be forging, grinding and building a full tang cleaver, from high quality blade steel that excels in toughness, perfect for heavy hitting.