It's nature. the food needs to be smaller then you consider small!!! That will help the water quality. Make sure you don’t leave it longer than 14 hours otherwise they might not be able to get the sleep they need. Join Yahoo Answers and get 100 points today. The boiled egg yolk slurry is a good idea as is liquid fry food from the pet store or homemade infusoria (tank water and a piece of lettuce left in a window sill in a jar till it starts to rot, feed the liquid). Guppies can easily feed four to five times a day. I have a separate tank for the babies and the temp is around 28 degrees. Anything you feed them should be able to be squeezed from a small medicine dropper. Suck up any extra food with a turkey baster ( don't get any babies in there) and dispose of it. The biggest of the 4 is doing fine, his/here swimming skills are good etc. Adult guppies need much food as compare to fry fish. but they dont seem to be eating it. Messages 3,881. How do you think about the answers? If you are trying to breed guppies then live plants do provide shelter and hiding place places for fry. A female guppy is able to give birth to 20-60 fry at a time. Is giving birth kind of like taking a huge poop. Actually, they feel very hungry and depressed during their labor. I too do daily water changes because I feed them 3-4 times a day. Guppies give birth once every 30 days up until the age of 2 to 2.5 years. Out of 12 fries, 4 are still alive. FishForums.net is one of the internet's oldest and premier Tropical Fish and Aquarium forums!

I don't know if it works but a friend blended frozen brine shrimp with tank water and fed a dropper at each feeding time, she refrigerated it and it lasted about a week. Fish of the Month, Pet of the Month. That way you know it is small enough for them. So i'm keeping them in a normal sized container and a borrow the heater most of the time from the main tank.

I agree with what jessman says, I have 4 batches of babies. You can always try to sell those fry to your LFS. You must log in or register to reply here. I have tried the egg yolk too, it seems like they decided to not eat anymore...:'(. I was planing on doing this process until the little ones got big enough to not be eaten so i could transfer them in the main. Good luck. I am so very sorry to hear about your babies. I don't know what i did wrong and i need help. But you must take care of it. Do guppies eat aquarium plants? Fish of the Month, Pet of the Month and more!

They may be getting eaten by the parents. The female guppies who eat their babies are disturbed psychologically.

I don't have any ethical problem with this.

But they will. I do the water change almost everyday because the water gets dirty really fast and i use a blue substance to make tap water more safe. they do twitch once in a while. The 2 who are sick are laying on the bottom on one side but none of them can swim anymore. Or maybe the flakes are not crushed up enough for him to eat. When someone asks you how to fix a broken window, do you tell them to get a new house. I mean they haven't eaten anything the past 5-6 days. you can keep them separately from fish fry. They give birth to live baby guppies known as fry. Fish Lore's aquarium forum - aquarium hobbyists helping hobbyists since 2005! Do NOT keep them with the mom, the mom will eat them! Don't become discouraged. I know you will get some excellent advice from the people on this board. I do a water change once everyday to be sure the water don't get dirty. Considering many freshwater shrimp species have been observed eating all sorts of other fry species it would be safe to assume that a shrimp could eat a Betta fry. The 2020 election wasn't 'stolen.' Designed for livebearer fry. i have been feeding them frozen brine shrimp because i have heard that it is good to help them mature and grow up faster, and crumbled up flake food. They usually prefer live food like baby brine shrimp, micro worms, daphnia, etc. (Flakes is the only food the pet-store sells). I purchased a red jewel cichlids and at the store he was full of color but when I got him in my tank he has lost his color, why is this? Good luck with your babies. They can eat fine flakes.

JavaScript is disabled. The male Guppies should be easily identifiable by their gonopodium.

Masiac, I know what you mean about the tiny mouth. Is there anything i can do to save my fries? Feed the formula twice a day. They are eating you just don't always see them eat, please do not overfeed them because that will make a mess of your tank. Still, … my babies never eat crushed flakes very well either but they love the brine shrimp. I highly doubt mine could eat guppy fry, or even be fast enough to try, but I still wouldn't risk it until I was sure . If they don't survive it is for the best for they could already be permanently negatively affected by the conditions they have been living in.