My hairs original color is Black. That didn't help my hair was orange and dark purple. Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. So, I decided to do my own hair. I then tried to dye it brown but ended up with a coppery orange color... please help me get it back to a light brown which I can eventually turn blonde. Use a purple or blue toner, as it neutralizes the orange shade. Waited two days and bleached my hair for fifteen minutes (just the middle to ends) before doing a soap cap on the roots. People who are intimidated by the use of bleach or have fairly dark hair and remove the bleach too soon often end up with orange hair. Even beige and golden blondes need cool tones to balance out the color and make them look natural. I tried used Ion 9NA demi permanent color with a 10 volume and it was still orange and yellow. It’s presumptive to think you can just grab a box of dye off the shelf at Walmart and come out looking like the girl on the front of the box. If you enjoy dyeing your hair, there will always be an adventure waiting. "Lightens up to 7 shades" my ass. If your hair is orange, it either didn't lighten enough or you removed the bleach before it reached yellow. Please help me fix this nightmare. Horrible! There was a problem adding this item to Cart. I loved it. Question... My hair was bleached blonde and always toned, but then I decided to be a hair model. Get in touch with us and we'll talk... Now what? Should you wish to tone your hair to correct the orange, you'll end up with a light brown color as a result. I have bleached my hair many times in the past. I want want the light blonde look back. It really is disgusting and I don't know which way to turn now. When you lighten it with dye or bleach, you reveal this base tone and this is where things can start to go awry. I want to tone out orange hair. I used the Prism Lites Blue. I planned for that needing a cut anyway so off to the Salon I went. So far I've gone from dark brownrl, to one with Orange hair....and the other Fraud to stsrt. People panic too easily; there's (nearly) always a way to fix it! Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Do you have any advice for me? Thanks to let me know. Would a natural or neutral color help? Yes. I originally asked for a light golden brown, not too drastic from my natural color. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. One of them was so ashy it was the hair I had always dreamed off. A19 Golden Orange. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. I used to get it "frosted" ( with the cap.). I bought a brand name boxed bleach that rhymes with hysTERIA and only the spots where the pink was remain unbleached...How,if its even possible,can I counter the pink a bit by toning rather than another harsh bleach? ~ Since most reputed brands sell demi-permanent box dyes, you can color your hair at home. Rinsed it out in the shower and conditioned with the stuff the girl gave me at Sally's. You could alternatively, section the highlights out and put a light ash blonde with 20 vol over the highlights and leave for around the same period of time, checking often in case the previously bleached hair is a bit porous and soaks up a lot of colour. The people at Ulta laughed at me, belittled me and made me feel stupid. Please try your search again later. I asked her to add some ash, that didn't happen obviously, (that's why I'm on here asking for your help!) When fixing color mistakes, it's important to give your hair time to recover before hitting it with more bleach and dye. My hair is really funky now, with orange/copper hair, blond roots on my natural black hair, and at least 2 inches of gray growth on my hairline.... Any advice on how to correct it and continue to bleach it again. Top sides and halfway down the back. Thanks. I did a 6:52 with 9% and came out quite ginger can i cancel out the ginger using 7.1 permant and 6% with out it going to flat?