That is the extreme bias in scoring so that one skater is lowballed (like Mao Asada) compared to others like Yuna Kim, Evgenia Medvedeva, Gracie Gold, Ashley Wagner, Carolina Kostner who received big advantages in scoring compared to Mao. Many thought that Fratianne was "robbed" of the gold medal by Eastern-bloc judges.

Gracie Gold is an artist on ice. Under her contemporary standards, Lynn was a failed case; she wasn't a good figure skater. Finally. They were at the top for such a short time. Emily Samuelson attended Michigan University and studied political economy and development receiving a degree in international studies. Polina Edmunds was born in 1998 and has been competing in figure skating since she was four years old.

I apologize for the double posts but I have not used this system before and in editing my comments and transferring them from word I accidentally duplicated them in the confusion. They are still training and competing to this day. Furthermore, Mao combined this power with prima ballerina qualities such as spectacular spirals (like the cross grab Biellmann, fan spiral and arabesque while carving sharp arcs and even semi-circles in the ice with her excellent blade work. Not to mention that she has won the U.S. national championship six times! She then went on to win 5 Grand Prix events.

Witt is remembered as one of the most competitive skaters of all time, as her two time Olympic championship will likely remain unchallenged for a while. At number 3 in the list of top 10 greatest female figure skaters of all time is Carol Heiss from the USA. Mao admitted it herself in an interview when she said she always thought of Kim as a rival until she retired and thought so otherwise. I have no idea why the 3 time world champion Mao Asada is not listed here. She received a silver for her figure skating.

However, she originally competed with her brother Keiffer Hubbell for the first decade of her professional skating career. Nancy also wrote the book Artistry on Ice which is an instructional figure skating book.

I am surprised that three times world championships like Mao Asada as known as legend of figure skater is not on the list as a best female figure skater of all time. She is studying cultural anthropology and Italian.

Female skaters have long fascinated audiences with a mix of grace, power, and, sometimes, drama, as was the case with Nancy Kerrigan's assault in 1994, just before she won a silver medal at the Olympics.

Janet Lynn is number 1 and Michelle Kwan 2. Once she progressed into a competitive figure skater she has fashioned a wooden mold in her left skate to even out the imbalance of a lack of three toes on one foot. Like Janet Lynn, Hamill was also from Chicago, Illinois.

In her senior debut in 1983, Ito finished second to Katarina Witt, who would win in a few months later her first Olympic gold.

Plushenko is a great example. Tanith also placed first in the World figure skating competition four times. In the late 1950s and ’60s Carol Heiss was the number one figure skater of her time.

She has been working in a health research since 2016. Witt's competitiveness lies with her stamina and power, especially her audacious drive of performance in competition.

So, don't worry about the league. This list is loosely sorted by popularity and includes many great American female figure skaters, such as Tonya Harding, Nancy Kerrigan, Carol Wayne, Dorothy Hamill and Tara Lipinski. Every single champion going back to 1998 had 7 Standard triples, and Kim's 6 triple rigging dragged skating back into the prehistoric ages.

Alina is accomplished but not a great. Consequently, since 1982, Zayak didn't win any title. But sadly, not among the top 10. Most recently, Nancy competed on season 24 of Dancing with the Stars in 2017. She also won the World Champions on her first try in 1993. In 2010 Emily and Evan were chosen to compete in the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. After taking home the Olympic gold, Sarah went on to study at Yale University, and is currently studying at the University of Pennsylvania Law School.

She deserved a place at the top ten along with the other, while Katarina Witt, certainly talented, doesn't have the same standard of excellence as Michelle Kwan. Tanith works as a choreographer and she competed in season 3 of Battle of the Blades and finished in 3rd place with her partner Boyd Devereaux. She is a Russian skater. However, I can understand Yuna Kim being on this list because of the impact her performances have made on people, though I prefer Mao much more and here are the reasons why. At number 6 in the top 10 greatest female figure skaters of all time is Michelle Kwan from the USA.

She also won the World Championship twice and won an additional two silvers in that competition. To be able to spin three and a half times in the air requires enormous power. Albright was a two time World champion for 1953 and 1955 and a U.S. champion from 1952 to 1956. We needed to know what these Olympic medalists and superstars have been up to since they put their figure skates back in the closet. Peggy worked as the skating commentator for ABC Sports and was featured on a number of television shows and movies. In 2005, she was inducted into the US Olympic Hall of Fame. Wikimedia Commons has media related to Female single skaters from the United States: Pages in category "American female single skaters" The following 185 pages are in this category, out of 185 total.

They will become obsolete by the time they are 17 like Alina was and replaced by a younger, tinier more robotic girl.