Since there were only three networks pretty much, this created more of a collective viewing experience.
No one will ever get out the iconic phrase "What you talkin' 'bout, Willis?" Paul Fusco, It came out in 1986 where I was 9 and felt like part of the target audience for it. Danielle Spencer, Stars: This Sunday night time slot I believe really helped solidify it as a family show and generate a strong viewing audience. was also a big critical hit which I was not aware of and was nominated for 19 Emmys and 13 Golden Globes. It was a kids dream come true to watch the carefree life of Bo and Luke Duke and one of the sweetest cars in history – the General Lee. | | Ouch, Turns out there was a writing strike that year that delayed filming on Magnum P.I. Paul Winchell, TV-PG Charles Robinson, TV-G

Lisa Ruddy, TV-G Elizabeth Montgomery, |

Set almost 100 years after Captain Kirk's five-year mission, a new generation of Starfleet officers set off in the U.S.S.
The show is most well known for helping to jump starting Michael J. Fox’s career and it is easily an '80s classic. Marilyn Schreffler, 5 min

Brian Trueman, 5 min

Adrian Knight, Jill Shilling, TV-Y

This article will look at a time when it was easier to access the most popular shows happening on TV. And I love that you included Small Wonder and Perfect Strangers. Action, Adventure, Crime. When it first debuted in absolutely tanked finishing almost dead last in the ratings. The Cunningham family live through the 1950s with help and guidance from the lovable and almost superhuman greaser, Fonzie. 30 min Perfect Strangers is an important show in TV history as it first started on Wednesdays but then moved to Friday where it becomes the anchor for the monumental TGIF lineup. Alley Mills. It might be because Perfect Strangers was one of the shows that came on network TV when I was growing up in a cable-less household, but the story about an odd couple consisting of a Chicago bachelor and his Greek cousin was legitimately funny. Stars: Soleil Moon Frye, Stars: A witch married to an ordinary man cannot resist using her magic powers to solve the problems her family faces.

Though one might think this proximity may be fun, both ... See full summary », Stars:

Two young single ad men must disguise themselves as women to live in the one apartment they can afford. Growing Pains had an amazing theme song in “As Long As We’ve Got Each Other” and also brought us a young Leonardo DiCaprio who showed up in season 7. |

|

Stars: Johnny Carson would regularly make cracks about Growing Pains in his monologues and how it lacked any depth. -Jamie. That will also include shows that started in the 70s and ran for a few years into the 80s like Three’s Company or The Muppet Show. A trio of black youths learn about life, love, friendship, credit cards, gambling, and a variety of other things while growing up in an inner city. They could get a total revival like Fuller House or even a one-off episode to show fans where all of their favorite characters from shows like Family Matters would be now. Joanna Kerns,

The humor and toned played well to kids and families making for a good collective viewing.

It also features one of the most iconic theme songs in television history. Alex Cord, Shooting ALF was so technically difficult. Seven men and women are stranded on an uncharted island following a torrential storm.