The Trial of the Chicago 7. We do not celebrate the death of our enemies. So forgive, but don’t forget. We withstood the worst attack of our history, intended by our enemies to destroy us. BrainyQuote has been providing inspirational quotes since 2001 to our worldwide community. You make it with very unsavory enemies. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. Explore our collection of motivational and famous quotes by authors you know and love. Forgive your enemies because they are either insecure, giving in to societal pressures or going through something that makes them feel good about making you feel bad. That is to help each other and not hurt each other. If you don't have enemies, you don't have character. A vibrant civil society can challenge those in power by documenting corruption or uncovering activities like the murder of political enemies. It took me years to understand the depth of this trite-as-ever quote. Cain: "Don't mind her. Instead, it drew us closer and made us more united. We have real enemies in the world. Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names. You talk to your enemies. On walks home from school, they'd yell out things to me like, "musical theater loser" and "you brown piece of sh*t.". Still Life (Sanxia Haoren) Billy the Kid. They farm fungi, raise aphids as livestock, launch armies into war, use chemical sprays to alarm and confuse enemies, capture slaves, engage in child labour, exchange information ceaselessly. I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' If you are successful you will win some false friends and true enemies: Succeed anyway. “Selected Addresses and Public Papers of Woodrow Wilson”, p.135, The Minerva Group, Inc. Aesop (2015). tags: animosity, enemies-to-lovers, funny, kelly-moran, pnr, supernatural-romance. Ants are so much like human beings as to be an embarrassment. Progress is a nice word. “Don Quixote”, p.407, Wordsworth Editions, Former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, There is a mistake in the text of this quote. Enemies Sayings and Quotes. You make peace with your enemies. If the laws are their enemies, they will be enemies to the law; and those who have most to hope and nothing to lose will always be dangerous. These enemies must be found. Good. They do everything but watch television. Don’t forget, though, we learn the most we know from our worst experiences; your enemies will teach you who to trust and who not to trust. They'll force you to build character. They might even inspire you to help others through your experiences. War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want. Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer. Explore 681 Enemies Quotes by authors including Winston Churchill, Martin Luther King, Jr., and Oscar Wilde at BrainyQuote. Quotes tagged as "enemies-to-lovers" Showing 1-30 of 40 “Sammy: "How do you comb your hair so the horns don't show?" Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much. “The Art of War”, CreateSpace, Dale Carnegie (2010). “The passionate state of mind, and other aphorisms”, Sun Tzu (2015). After going through life and encountering many enemies, I came to learn the quote means something a little more Buddhist and a little less vengeful. If you want to make peace, you don't talk to your friends. Some time after the frenemy incident, I landed a job. A house just fell on her sister.” ― Kelly Moran, Ghost of You. A few years later, I made another enemy, but this time, in the form of the notorious "frenemy." Like “This isn't just chemistry. Most of the time, we're incapable of comprehending certain philosophies until we've endured them firsthand. Sure, it makes sense to keep your enemies close, so you can keep tabs on them and seek revenge by pouring ice buckets over their heads when they least expect it. Our love for freedom and one another has given us a strength that surprised even ourselves. Be loyal to those who are loyal to you. You can calculate the worth of a man by the number of his enemies, and the importance of a work of art by the harm that is spoken of it. Explore our collection of motivational and famous quotes by authors you know and love. Discover and share Keep Your Enemies Closer Quotes.