Thoughts? Once you have scooped out the cookie dough to the baking sheet, you are going to press the cookies flat with the back of a drinking class. Remove the cookies to a rack with a spatula. Wasn't runny as all. Who doesn’t want an Eggnog Cookie to go along with a big glass of eggnog?? I have made this many times with excellent results and I would have made many more if I had a kitchen of my own with more then 4 feet of space. This is what you’ll need to make Eggnog Cookies: Start this easy cookie recipe by preheating your oven to 350ºF. Using a teaspoon or small cookie scoop, drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 2 inches between the cookies. Once these are well mixed add in the egg, vanilla and Eggnog, continue to mix one minute more until a soft, creamy mixture has formed. Get it free when you sign up for our newsletter. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Did you try freezing things? © 2020 Chef in Training. Sprinkle the cookies with nutmeg. Me? In a large bowl, cream butter, sugars until fluffy. Blend well with a whisk and set aside. Cream butter and sugar. 13.5 g Using a cookie scoop or spoon, drop the cookies onto the baking sheet. Mix until soft frosting has formed. Privacy/Disclosure. This cookie's flavor fits right into the holiday spirit—pick your favorite cookie cutter shapes to make them even more festive! Cream sugar and butter together in mixing bowl. But then I realized I wanted everyone to experience these amazing cookies. Beat on medium until well combined. Add eggnog, vanilla and egg yolks and beat at medium speed until smooth. These cookies are the perfect holiday treat! How to make Eggnog Cookies Start this easy cookie recipe by preheating your oven to 350ºF. Add egg yolks, eggnog and vanilla, continue beating until creamy. Won't make again. I would love to see how these recipes take shape in your kitchens. Bake the cookies for 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned on the edges. Add in the egg, vanilla and eggnog. Using an electric mixer, mix the frosting until smooth, scraping the edges of the bowl as needed. :/ still yummy, just not the eggnog punch I wanted. I gave these a try and at first I didn't really like them at all. Does any one else feel like last Christmas was just barely?! Using a whisk or a fork stir until there are no clumps and everything is well distributed throughout the flour. When ready to bake, Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. I started off with less than the suggested amount of eggnog and just added a bit more as I needed. Next time I might do 10:30. Also, I used an electric hand mixer and it really created a great texture in the frosting. Frost the cooled cookies. While the oven is heating, in a stand mixer or large mixing bowl cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar. If desired, sprinkle each mound of cookie dough with more nutmeg. Preheat oven to 350ºF. To dress them up a bit, press a pecan or walnut half into the tops of the cookies just before baking. If desired, decorate with frosting. I just tried my first homemade eggnog and I bet it would be fabulous in these! Happened across his recipe in an old cookbook. These cookies have eggnog baked into the cookie and mixed in with the frosting, making them burst with holiday flavor in each and every bite! Definitely trying them soon! I also do believe I always add cinnamon. Nutrition Facts 1 cookie: 167 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 … Well when it comes to drinking it- lets just say I am not a big fan. Continue to mix until well combined and a soft, creamy mixture is formed. The turned out wonderfully! Using floured 3-1/2-in. I had about a quarter cup leftover and frosted the cookies pretty heavily. Unsubscribe at any time. I like softer cookies so I baked them right in the middle at 11 minutes. They are a very moist cookie. What a great recipe. Add powdered sugar and beat until combined. Took about 3 hours. FREE Printable Recipe Cards + have access to our FREE 15-Minute Meals! In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter until it resembles a grainy paste. Yummm! Cream butter until fluffy. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until bottoms turn a light brown. I need at least another week before Christmas if for no other reason but to enjoy it a bit longer. I came to the comments looking for the answer to the same question. The cookies are very easy to prepare, just mix, drop, and bake. As in, CRAZY GOOD! I am married to the man of my dreams and have a beautiful little girl with a sassy attitude and two handsome little boys whose smiles can brighten anyone’s day! And they were really too sticky to roll into balls so I had to add more flour. Your email address will not be published. tasted okay; but not exciting.. next time I think I will use Pumpkin Spice eggnog for more flavor. This is a basic cookie recipe that does not require chilling or rolling, comes together quick and has the most amazing Eggnog Frosting to top it off! Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into the sugar mixture so it … Set aside. I feel like you either love it or you hate it. Pour this mixture into the butter mixture and mix until soft cookie batter has formed. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet. I loved this was really easy. Add the flour mixture and beat at low speed until combined. Gradually add flour and mix well. of eggnog in the frosting and it was perfect. Frost cooled cookies and sprinkle nutmeg over the frosting in desired. In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients together. Add eggnog, vanilla and egg yolks and beat at medium speed until smooth. Remove from the oven, set the pan on a rack, and cool the cookies right on the pan. Grease the back of the cup with a little oil to prevent sticking. They came out prefect. Join us for simple & delicious recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week. My cookies didn't flatten out, but instead basically stayed in mounds. A great change from the usual sugar cookies. They are so soft and delicious! Required fields are marked *. Join the Recipe Critic for the latest and greatest! Lets talk eggnog for a minute. I'll be sure to come back to rate it. Amazing cookies. While the cookies are in the oven make the glaze by combining the powdered sugar with 3 T eggnog. So all I need now is the recipe for the eggnog. I will be adding this to my Christmas cookie list every year. Your email address will not be published. For this eggnog cookie recipe, first you’ll combine your dry ingredients. I called them spice cookies, I didn't want anyone to be disappointed at the lack of eggnog as I was. Add the cinnamon heart after 5 minutes, otherwise it will melt. thickness. I used half the nutmeg then added 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon. My hubby for example, hates eggnog. Once these are well mixed add in the egg, vanilla and Eggnog, continue to mix one minute more until a soft, creamy mixture has formed. Chocolate-Dipped Meringue Sandwich Cookies, Our All-Time Best Christmas Cookie Recipes, This Holiday Oreo Cookie Tin Is Packed with Fudge-Covered Oreos, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents. Add eggnog, vanilla, and egg yolks. Total Carbohydrate Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Preheat oven to 300 F (150 C/Gas 2). I've brought them over to some friends and family to try and they loved them. Add eggnog, vanilla, and egg yolks; beat at medium speed with … No chilling or extra steps are required. We'll see! My friends don't even like eggnog, but they admitted that they do love these cookies. Add the eggnog, vanilla and egg yolks; beat at medium speed until smooth. The cookies are perfect for tree-trimming and holiday guests. In my opinion this is the best way to enjoy Eggnog!! and that was for 4.5 dozen cookies. But when it comes to baking with it, well I LOVE the flavor it adds. Mix the nutmeg and cinnamon, sprinkle over the top of the frosted cookies. Should be renamed "nutmeg cookies". Once these are well mixed add in the egg, vanilla and Eggnog…