Truth be told, he was definitely more of a beer guy, but when he did have a cocktail, I remember him ordering a vodka gimlet. Required fields are marked *. Strain out the basil and set the simple syrup aside. . Lovely cocktails to choose from! Rum is one of my favorites, perfect when you want a summery, island vibe for your pitcher cocktail. © 2020 The View From Great Island. Straight up or on the rocks, you can’t go wrong with this refreshing Cucumber Vodka Gimlet recipe. Make-ahead friendly, these delicious drinks won’t keep you tied to the bar cart for the whole party! Then feel free to use gin instead. Amazon Associates is designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. ‘Cause that’s blasphemy, that is. Use a muddler to crush the cucumber and basil into the syrup. To serve, pour a 4-5 oz measure into a coupe glass and garnish with a cucumber wheel or a small basil sprig (If storing longer than 24 hours, remove the cucumber slices from the pitcher). These look great and I can’t wait to try them! Ingredients. I hope your guests love it! Keep cool this summer with this refreshing Cucumber Vodka Gimlet recipe! Not to be confused with a similar sounding word (giblet - think turkey and Thanksgiving - definitely not the direction we’re going today), a gimlet is a simple cocktail usually made with gin and something called Rose’s Lime Juice. Once upon a time, this refreshingly sweet cocktail was the cure-all to scurvy. Pour lime juice mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Add lime juice and stir. From sangria and spritzes to juleps, margaritas, and more, I’ve got summer’s best pitcher cocktails ready and waiting…. You’re looking a little a little dry there.Add some gin to your cart! It’s one I’ll be making on repeat to beat the heat all summer long. Follow us on Pinterest for even more tasty cocktail recipes! Or check out all of our other vodka cocktails, Stainless Steel Cocktail Muddler and Mixing Spoon, Cuisinart Set of 3 Fine Mesh Stainless Steel Strainers. I’m struggling with finding ones that are air tight, don’t absorb flavors, and are short enough to fit in my fridge. My mission? Follow these simple steps to make your own vodka gimlet: Most gimlets are served straight up like a martini in either a coupe or martini glass. It could be a large mason jar, a venti-sized reusable coffee cup, or a small plastic container with an anti-leak lid. This Cucumber Vodka Gimlet recipe is my version of dad’s go-to cocktail updated with vodka and the flavors of cucumber, basil and fresh lime juice. CLASSIC PITCHER MARGARITAS ~ College Housewife. Add vodka to shaker and shake vigorously. Cucumber, Basil & Lime Gimlet. For more of Jeff’s fresh spring cocktails, watch his Basil Cocktail episode, or view his Basil Strawberry Cooler recipe. Gift an engraved bottle of Glenlivet Scotch for any occasion. INVERNESS COCKTAIL PITCHERS ~ Honestly Yum. Can't see any Facebook information? A pitcher of margaritas is about as classic as it gets, so be sure you’ve got an ample supply of tequila on hand before your next gathering. Not a vodka fan? Feb 15, 2020 - Explore 366jgorr's board "Cucumber gimlet" on Pinterest. Put the top on the cocktail shaker and shake. It has an almost electric green color. Place the leaves in the base of a cocktail shaker and add the simple syrup and lime juice. Add vodka to … Reply Laurelei July 16, 2018 at 11:29 am. What is your favorite one? Stir in 2 cups gin, the cucumber juice and some cucumber … Wine is the the perfect canvas for a cooling summer drink. Add the rest of the ingredients, fill the shaker with ice, and shake for about 30 seconds. If you love to eat, you’ve come to the right place because I dish it up fast and fresh here at TVFGI. Your email address will not be published. Our contemporary Australian gin wasn’t around for ye sailors of old, but it is here for you! MAPLE LEMONADE WITH PEACHES AND THYME ~ Wallflower Kitchen. We first tasted it at Brio’s, where we begged the bartender for the recipe. Think of it like a mortar and pestle where you mash the ingredients together to release their flavors. No offense to traditional gimlet lovers, but I'm not a fan of Rose's Lime Juice. All of these look perfect for summer! One of our much-requested favorites is the cucumber gimlet: a cucumber, basil, and lime cocktail that tastes like Fresh itself and is THE cure for summer heat. Add all ingredients to a pitcher and chill in the refrigerator overnight. What a fun post! Pour gimlet into a chilled coupe glass. This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional. Immediately strain mixture into 4 small Martini glasses. Good Spirits. (See: Death Gin & Tonic for ‘half-assed attempt at throwing a few ingredients together’). You’ve come to the right place. So this Cucumber Basil Vodka Gimlet swaps vodka for the gin and incorporates fresh ingredients: If you've ever made a mojito, then you're well on your way to making this vodka cocktail because both use a technique called muddling. I have a recipe that uses green tea, limeade and vodka that’s my go-to for summer gatherings. A vodka gimlet was my dad’s favorite cocktail. Pineapple Upside Down Shots taste just like the dessert but in drinkable form! Turns out I like cooking for others A LOT more than explaining HR policies to them. It sailed many seas and ailed many sailors on its way to becoming the popular drink it is today. The many shades of the gimlet may shock you. Lucky for you, we humans are an ingenious bunch. This refreshing summer cocktail was another way to use my beautiful basil and special homegrown cucumbers from a friend. 50 shades of gimlet. Delivered. Where do you like to shop for them? Pretty Much Any Type Of Fruit Or Tasteful Herb Gimlet, 20mls simple syrup (one part warm water, one part sugar; whisk until sugar has dissolved). EQUALS: ~ 14 servings. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. I’m more of a vodka girl, so I think I would try the blackberry and ginger cocktail first, Hi Sue! That’s a blueberry lemonade, (under mocktails) with just a touch of the blueberry puree. Well, my dad was definitely NOT fancy, so trust me when I say that looks can be deceiving. A cross between a smoothie and a cocktail, fresh cucumbers combine with limes, cilantro, mint and vodka then topped off with the effervescence of Prosecco to flavor up your day! Absolutely stunning. All rights reserved to Cocktail Dudes. Pummel the basil leaves with a muddler to release the oils. All rights reserved. Inspired by the classic Singapore Sling, we have a feeling this is sure to be a hit! Yes. See more ideas about Fun drinks, Alcohol recipes, Yummy drinks. Place 6 of the basil leaves in the palm of your hand and clap. Simply set out a pitcher filled with the cocktail along with glasses and drink garnishes like extra cucumber and basil and let guests serve themselves. Add 3/4 ounce cucumber juice, 3/4 ounce Basil Simple Syrup, remaining 1/4 ounce lime juice and add ice. In the past 8 years, millions of people have sipped & snacked on our recipes. Bottoms up!! To get you fired up about good food! Mix 1 cup cucumber juice, gin, lime juice, and sugar in pitcher; stir until sugar dissolves. It’s a sweetened, preserved lime juice that you will often find next to the grenadine in the liquor store. Hi, I’m Anna, a former corporate communications nerd turned food fanatic. Follow Garnish with Lemon's board Cocktail and Drink Recipes on Pinterest. Sep 1, 2017 - Great for an outdoor party, book club or “tea,” the Basil-Cucumber Gimlet is your Basil Gimlet (tart and sweet, with an herbaceous spice) with a nice cooling component provided by the cucumber… Okay, I’ll be honest, sometimes “the gathering” is only me!! The flavor will be closer to a traditional gimlet and just as delicious as a vodka version. Your information will *never* be shared or sold to a 3rd party. C’mon over! Ingredients 1 750ml bottle Gin (or Vodka) 10 oz Lime Juice 12½ oz I’m sharing a link to a virtually identical recipe…note that this is two portions, we use simple syrup instead of sugar, and we’ve been known to substitute part or all of the lime juice with key lime. I love pitcher cocktails for summer dinner parties! If you don’t have a cocktail shaker on hand, search the kitchen cupboards until you find something that looks like one. Have a great day! BRB, throwing back these Drunken Peanut Butter Cups allll night long. Plus it keeps well in the fridge if made in advance - a bonus when entertaining. Cool as a cucumber is definitely a fitting description for this Cucumber Vodka Gimlet recipe. (See also: for an absolutely no-effort-required drink, just take a shot). Privacy Policy, How to Turn a Package of Ground Beef Into 6 Amazing Meals, https://www.garnishwithlemon.com/cucumber-basil-vodka-gimlet/. Yield: One cocktail. One very well known drink that uses whiskey …. I love trying out new ingredients and techniques, reinventing the classics, and hunting down the next great flavor. One of our much-requested favorites is the cucumber gimlet: a cucumber, basil, and lime cocktail that tastes like Fresh itself and is THE cure for summer heat. Raymond Chandler made gimlets "en vogue" in the same way that James Bond helped martinis skyrocket in popularity. Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. We're the creative juices behind Garnish with Lemon. All Rights Reserved. From crisp mojitos to exotic tikis, there’s a rum drink for every mood. Warning, this is one deceptively easy-to-gulp drink. By submitting this form, you agree to the Privacy policy of the Death Gin website. For the non-drinkers and under-agers in your group there are tons of delicious and stunning options from exotic lemonades and iced teas to creative pitcher mocktails. And now I just wanna throw a big bbq party and serve all of these delicious and refreshing cocktails! So get cracking on your gimlet with a bottle of our Death Gin – Dry. Bring the mixture to a rolling boil until the sugar is dissolved. The clean taste of cucumber partnered with the burst of cool flavor from fresh mint in this Cucumber Mint Vodka Refresher will certainly cool you off! It is an adaptation of a classic gin gimlet which is composed of gin, lime juice and simple syrup. Just click the little pin button at the top of the recipe card. Pour into a chilled coupe glass and garnish with additional cucumber wedges and/or basil leaves, if desired. They’re another great summer treat! STRAWBERRY RHUBARB PITCHERS ~ The Inspired Home. Copyright, 2016. Need easy, delicious party food and drinks for your next shindig? Using a strainer, pour the mixture into a glass. Have you ever tried ‘boozy slushies’? Add vodka to shaker and shake vigorously. I love this for summer parties….can’t come fast enough. Gin’s assertive juniper flavor likes to shine, so keep the flavors light…citrus, cucumber, tonic, etc. Basil Syrup (Think of a gimlet as a martini’s slightly sweeter cousin.). Shake until chilled then strain into a chilled cocktail glass. GINGER CANTALOUPE SANGRIA ~ Kitchen Confidante. Add the gin to the shaker along with ice. GREEN IRISH WHISKEY SANGRIA ~ Sugar & Charm. Need more? These all look so amazing and beautiful! Follow us on Pinterest for more great recipes! You need something with a bit of space to muddle the ingredients. This “medicine” became more socially popular in the 1950’s after a fiction author named Raymond Chandler made it the drink of choice for the detective in his novels. Tequila works great with summer fruit like melons, mangoes, guava, and berries, as well as citrus of all kinds. It has not been tested for home use. Pour in the lime juice and give it a quick stir. The refreshing and slightly tart cocktail will taste great either way. Just about any fruit you can think of makes a delicious, cooling sangria, and the great thing is you can use an inexpensive red, white, or rosé  (traditional is red.) . They include – but are not limited to – the following: Classic Gimlet; Basil Gimlet; French Gimlet; Cucumber Basil Gimlet; Mint Gimlet; Blackberry Gimlet; Blueberry Gimlet; Frozen Gimlet; Pretty Much Any Type Of Fruit Or Tasteful Herb Gimlet Follow Garnish with Lemon's board Cocktail and Drink Recipes on Pinterest. Combine 1/3 cup lemon juice, 8 sprigs mint and 1/4 cup sugar in a pitcher; muddle with a wooden spoon.