Butter usually serves to keep cake soft and tender by coating the flour molecules in fat and preventing them from developing a tough gluten matrix. :D. Thank you for sharing this delightfully easy, mouthwateringly delicious recipe. Preheat oven to 350F (180C).

https://ohsweetbasil.com/the-most-perfect-moist-chocolate-cake-recipe Here, the nut butter (which essentially is finely ground nuts) and the cocoa powder provide enough structure so that it doesn’t sink as much as the other flourless cake recipes using butter. :). It depends! I actually found a similar version a couple of years ago because my neighbors daughter is allergic to eggs, nuts and dairy. We only have three in our house right now, so a smaller cake is always good. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder until well combined. Pour the batter into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Stir until a thick cake batter forms. *Use any neutral cooking oil of your choice, like canola, vegetable, grapeseed, safflower, corn, or avocado oil. And since some kind of fat is required for this recipe to work, that fat comes from the dark chocolate (cocoa butter) and the nut butter. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, release from the pan, then let to cool to room temperature. Have made this recipe 4 times in 3 weeks and easy to covert to UK measuring/temperature etc. Your email address will not be published. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. As for the baking time, if your pan is dark or the oven slightly warmer then probably 40 minutes (or even 35) will give you a gooey center. However, since there’s no flour, this cake stays extremely tender, soft, and moist. A few lumps are okay, but make sure no dry flour remains on the bottom of the bowl. Required fields are marked *. Need more decadence in your life? As someone with an anaphylactic dairy allergy, this type of recipe is a lifesaver. This past time I poured the batter into a cupcake tin to make 9 decadent chocolate muffins that were filled to the brim. Making a cheesecake can be intimidated, but if you follow this recipe to you will learn how make the perfect New York cheesecake. Well, I have you covered my friend! Learn how your comment data is processed. Cooking on a budget shouldn't mean canned beans and ramen noodles night after night. This cake is so moist, rich and delicious that it going to be your favorite chocolate cake. All Rights Reserved. I wanted to comment so others would know the recipe also worked well as a cupcake/muffin. just curious about 320? It’s also really good with a glass of milk or scoop of ice cream. I wanted something a little smaller than my usual two layer cake recipe (but didn’t feel like doing the math) Not sure if it makes a difference either way but I did use boiling water to help bloom the cocoa.

And since some kind of fat is required for this recipe to work, that fat comes from the dark chocolate (cocoa butter) and the nut butter. But first of all, let’s just note that this 5-ingredient flourless chocolate cake has no butter. If you like Oreo cookies this easy cake recipe definitely for you. Delicious and easy. Add cocoa powder and whisk until combined and smooth. Next time I will bake it 40 minutes. Thank you.

Amazing Tiramisu cake - this is not the traditional tiramisu cake but tiramisu mousse cake. Make sure you try this Classic Creme Brulee in 5 easy steps!

2) Will you marry me? A cake without butter?? I’ve made this numerous times since the pandemic began.

Perfect for birthdays and holidays. This unique Chocolate Cake recipe, popularized during the great depression, is rich and chocolatey without the using any eggs, butter, or milk!

Will it work with artificial sweetener stevia? If your nut butter is very thick, mix it with some vegetable oil (corn, olive or canola oil) until runny and then measure the 1 cup for the recipe.

I was skeptical, but this cake truly is very good! I weigh the eggs without the shells (usually each large egg with the shell weighs about 60 grams). Or, if you do have butter on hand, you can go with a more traditional chocolate buttercream frosting. For those two reasons alone, this is a good recipe to keep tucked in your back pocket (or your browser’s bookmarks). Pour the icing over the cooled cake and spread until the cake is evenly covered. You are brilliant sir. Basically it is tart based cake with delicious mascarpone cream, decorated with fresh fruits, meringue, flowers and more. Welcome to the world of delicious recipes designed for small budgets. Transfer the baking dish to the oven and bake the cake for 35 minutes. Please let me know if you try it! Taste is excellent. The result is rich, soft and moist cake with vegan and delicious chocolate ganache on top. Use  9 ounces (260 grams) of your favorite nuts. Chocolate Depression Cake (No Eggs, Butter, or Milk) How Do You Make Cake without Eggs or Butter? i made it today with coconut sugar and added some salt and vanilla extract to the melted chocolate. Everything else is the same and it works every time. Wait until the cake is cool, then prepare the icing. Could I double the recipe and bake in a 9×13 pan? Hahaha, thank you Monica!