Are these cookies crispy or chewy? to destress and soothe the mind. Glad you enjoyed these . Beat in the eggs, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl. Set aside. Thanks again for a wonderful recipe. Just an experimenter, determined to get you into the kitchen and get a little ambitious. Thank you for a good recipe! Such a great treat. Chickpea flour is volume flour, ie, it tends to not spread as much if the mixture doesn’t have enough moisture. Please help! When you you use the sea salt? 2 teaspoons vanilla extract. I am Ligurian, so I am very used to working with chickpea flour, but I have never used roasted chickpea flour as is so I don’t know in this instance if it’s fully edible without stomach issues. The bottoms will be lightly browned, and the tops will still be soft. Mix chickpea flour, salt, soda, and baking powder in a separate bowl. Thank-you heaps again for your amazing recipes….we ALWAYS love them! It was a dish the whole family loves. If they are chewy, What should I do if I want them crispy/crunchy? Note that I have made these with Chickpea flour or garbanzo bean flour which is different than besan. Next time I’ll try without the sugar and use half of the amount of oil and add half a banana!! https://www.veganricha.com/recipe-pages/how-to-make-a-flax-egg-or-chia-egg/. I didn’t have any sugar so just added a bit extra maple sugar and they were still excellent! Can I replace the almond flour with something else because I’m allergic to nuts? And that is truly sad. Yes flax eggs and chia work. Aw, Monique, I relate so much. Noted on the vegan subs for this too . Let cool for 5 mins before carefully lifting the cookies onto a cooling rack to cool completely. Before baking or after? Make this recipe? I did some small modifications because I didn’t have coconut sugar (substituted brown sugar) or enough coconut oil (so did 50/50 coconut/canola). I would like to use besan or chickpea flour, but I don’t want to eat it raw, I want to have cookie dough that is fully edible without problems. Perfect! I’d like to try making these with honey instead of sugar. Love the simplicity of the recipe. The perfect treat . Yes, that’s right: chocolate chip cookies made from chickpea flour. Beat in the eggs, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. However, I was very disappointed. How do i measure 13/16th of a cup of flour? maybe you’re forming them too tight. Learn how your comment data is processed. I havent tried it, you can probably scoop them and freeze then bake the scoops. I hope everyone loved them, too . You can omit the sugar. In a large bowl cream the butter with the sugar on high with a handheld mixer for 5 minutes or until the mixture is light and fluffy. I hope your dad loves these (much better than super dry gluten free treats). Mix chickpea flour, salt, soda, and baking powder in a separate bowl. Sprinkle some coarse salt for salted chocolate chip cookies. These cookies will have to be a little darker than golden brown so that they will set and hold together. Do you make your own chickpeas flour or do you buy a mix flour? 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar. The cookie dough for this recipe can be eeked out to yield a dozen cookies but then they are far too small. I’m curious for next time, when I’ll be giving it a rest, if texture/flavour is altered. Roast it over low medium heat in a skillet until the flour changes color evenly. I love the fact that this only makes a small batch which makes it easier not to eat too many in one sitting. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! The second batch is in the oven now and I LOVE the texture! I just made this and OH MY GOD!!! So happy to hear that. but reading your story… I completely and utterly understand. Filed Under: cookie, dessert, gluten free, Gluten Free Baking, popular, snack, soy free Tagged With: chickpea flour, chickpeas, vegan, Your email address will not be published. My father has celiacs disease so I just whipped up a batch of these for him… I know he will be so please to have a homebaked treat rather than the dry gluten-free biscuits that are usually available in stores. Beat in the vanilla. Use brown sugar instead of regular sugar if omitting molasses.” ‘veg’ oil should be fine but you really need the flax meal & sugar… HOpe that helps =). This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. We’ve tried so many recipes for real food cookies that satisfied the craving temporarily but we still longed for that crispy edge, the gooey center. 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda. Add the rest of the wet ingredients and mix until the mixture is well combined. Sprinkle with sea salt. It was delicious a, but it stuck to the baking pan . My question is if I have a Vitamix with a dry ingredient container, can I make my own chickpea flour? We will be making it. (if buying, any suggestions) Amazing! Thanks for sharing! I’d say they taste just like homemade white flour cookies but these are BETTER. Is there a brand you would recommend? Since we’ve been on lockdown it has given me the time to experiment with healthier ingredients . Required fields are marked *. Hi, I actually am wondering if this recipe is off a bit? Such a delicious treat; will definitely be revisiting these Thanks for sharing!! I did use avocado oil instead of coconut oil. I love the fluffiness of the chickpea flour, too! Although I’d read the recipe before, while making yesterday it I realized I needed to let the batter rest. Replacing the coconut oil will make these drier, but I’m glad that worked out well for you! I really like the texture and flavor. While I'm not on a gluten-free diet and thankfully not sensitive to gluten, when I was doing the Elimination Diet, I found myself using a lot of alternative flours. Such a great treat. What can I substitute for the coconut sugar? My flour eating family loves them, too! Dollop the chilled dough onto the prepared sheets using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop. I am going to try a different oil or fresher flax seed, since the strange taste of the raw dough made me think perhaps my canola and flax seed were not fresh enough, or that I just don’t like canola oil. And, chickpea flour is a nutrition powerhouse, containing at least double the amount of protein than regular wheat flour while being rich in vitamin B6, iron, magnesium and potassium. Heaping Tbsp of adams peanut butter. Can I sub coconut oil with apllesause?? Your email address will not be published. Great post Monique! One of the best chocolate chip cookies I’ve ever had and so much healthier than traditional. Your email address will not be published. It takes anywhere from 7 to 15 mins depending on the amount, your pan etc. It is a fairly common ingredient in Middle Eastern cookie recipes but this was definitely the first time for me baking with chickpea flour. A warning to those who are using a fan oven for this recipe – I set a timer for exactly 13 minutes and they came out a little burned around the edges! This will definitely become a staple in our home! THANK YOU! The cookie dough is sticky, so chilling it for a but helps with scooping. Great alternative to traditional chocolate chip cookies. Some people aren’t used to chickpea flour, but I really love these cookies and the coconut oil usually overpowers any chickpea flavor. If you have a recipe question, please reach out on twitter or instagram. Mix the flax seed meal and water and let it sit for 5 minutes. Use more, or less baking powder? Okay, I really loved these. I did my happy dance all over the kitchen as I had chickpea raisin cookies that taste and look perfect. Thank you, I already roasted chickpea flour many times but I didn’t know if it could already be eaten roasted as is. Hi Siena! One word of caution, the batter tastes disgusting, but it shouldn't be a reflection on the end result. Thanks for sharing but eggs are part of the dairy family????? Thanks for a new and healthy recipe. Made a batch for the first time last night and they are already gone! Yay, butter! These cookies sound amazing! Ingredients They turned out beyond amazing and we are so in love that we completely gobbled the first batch our 3yo made and today we made a 4x batch to eat and freeze! These are AMAZING! You can use more chickpea flour to make these without almonds (nut-free). The cookies turn out kind of cake-like, but nice. Oooh awesome! Amazing! This recipe is a keeper. So good!!! Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix thoroughly. Still reading up on benefits of coconut sugar, still not sold. They are also easier to make. still taste good after being frozen? We will be making these for the rest of our lives, I’m sure! Substitute the egg for 2 T pumpkin puree, 2 T Maple Syrup, 2 T applesauce, A substitute egg replacer, Just Egg Vegan Substitte. I can’t wait go try these ! I bake the cookies regularly. I admire your work, thanks for all the interesting posts. In two additions, mix in the flour on low speed. Flax is to bind better. Let’s Bake. Trying to reduce the sugar in our diet . I adjusted this recipe to make something the flavor of oatmeal raisin cookies. yes chickpea flour makes a different texture batter/dough. Bake for ca. The cookies will keep for about 5 days at room temperature. Thanks Richa! Let’s get baked. They come from chickens. Oddly I lost my dog & Mom 2 mths of each other, both suddenly. Vegan Food Blog with Healthy and Flavorful Vegan Recipes. Perfect! I decided to make them into “bars” instead of individual cookies so I lined an 8×8 glass dish with parchment paper and spread the dough out evenly. If you don't have a large enough baking sheet, you can bake in two different batches.