But at the same time I found the film much too unfocused. Jithin Mohan. Also the relationship of the main characters ,being the center of the story , was completely irrational. Film, Drama. Despite the summary above, it is not about characters seeking redemption, but family and solace from a cycle of criminal abuse fueled by misplaced ancestral reverence. Facebook Twitter Reddit. It must be in the second half of the movie than because in the first half of the movie there was nothing to see besides unnecessary cursing, unnecessary cheap violence, pretty bad acting, and a story that is going nowhere and that is beyond boring. Way overlong at 130 minutes, and centered on characters who are almost all unsympathetic, “Breathless” still reps a head-turning debut by South Korean thesp Yang Ik-june as producer, director, writer and even star. Britney Spears Loses Bid to Remove Father From Conservatorship, How Clea DuVall's Lesbian Christmas Movie Radicalizes a Conventional Genre, Amy Adams and Glenn Close’s Oscar Chances Try to Stand Above ‘Hillbilly Elegy’, Why Warner Bros. Who learn while continuing to be stupid. Being a father figure to his divorced half-sister's nephew Yeong-in, and his affection for Yeon-Hue brings out the compassionate side in him. it takes violence as tool to show evil aftereffects of domestic violence . Ik-Joon Yang is the director, writer, and main actor in this movie. Everyone in this film is damaged and a victim of some form of violence In most cases the tough guy stance of all of the characters is stripped away as they themselves are abused in others. I just want to hold my nose, step over it quietly and make my getaway! One of those films, which works greatly in parts n pieces but as a corsage its just not that effective. The obscene language along with the violent and bloody nature of the narrative makes it a film that won’t be suitable for every kind of audience. An Honest & Unrelenting Portrait Of Damaged Goods, Too rambling and unfocused tale of a debt collector and the girl he befriends strives to break new ground but is rather conventional at its heart, I don't see anything brilliant about this movie. Breathless is stark, dark and uncompromising. Step Three: GET WEIRD! He even had to sell his house for the completion of the movie, which shows how important it was for him. but things unraveled after first half. this is my first comment for any movie on IMDb... this movie touches deepest corner of your heart. All the while he produces more "cunts" than you'd find at a Chelsea home game, spits…. king shit director yang ik june! This leads to a sort of relationship between these two, where both of them verbally abuse each other ,that also acts as their bonding.