At least that was what I gleamed from my 10 minutes of research on that matter , Thanks. Is there an article you might be able to link to that discusses all the different types of fuels the brain can use and their effect on its’ processes and performance? F-my body…it lied to me for 45 years…if it were a wife I would have walked out on it 30 years ago….lying whore of a body I have…. Guide Can you safely use sweeteners on a keto diet? Brain functions such as thinking, learning and memory are closely tied to glucose levels and how effectively the brain utilizes glucose. The glycerol can come from both dietary fat and adipose tissue (the authors of that glycerol fasting study even suggest that fasting burns body fat in order to provide glycerol for glucose production), while the amino acids can come from dietary protein (if you’re eating) or muscle (if you’re starving). why would you want to avoid carbs if you do heavy workouts? Eat whole, real food and don’t worry about macronutrients. Why were you on Metformin? Protein conservation is achieved and glucose homeostasis is – Host2Nepal One, Why Am I Getting Low Ketone Readings? The other question is, after an anaerobic workout, how can I figure out how much glucose is needed to refill glycogen stores (how do duration and intensity influence the amount)? ratio. Elevated levels of plasma fatty acids increase muscle oxidation of … I had a personal best and knocked off a full 20 minutes off my time (from 4:00 to 3:40). The liver utilizes glucose and does not engage in gluconeogenesis, Don’t listen to your body…it will tell you to do cocaine and too much booze and take way too many adrenaline boosting risks and unprotected sex and cheat on your taxes and stay in Hawaii and forget your work and smoke too much dope and masturbate on the computer instead of sex with your long time partner and bitch slap that bastard who just cut you off in traffic even though he drives a jacked up pick up with a full gun rack and if it feels good do it and so it goes…my body told me twinkies were great! Is is one of those factoids that has been passed from teacher to student in the health profession for generations--long after anyone remembers where it originally came from. Dave Asprey at bulletproofexec claims 12 I.Q. I don’t think that it’s what you actually meant, but the way you phrased it can lead to naive interpretations that are way too optimistic. Perhaps, if you make smart choices. Customer Care |  Privacy Policy |  Terms and Conditions |  About Us, Copyright © 2020 Bottom Line Inc. 3 Landmark Square Suite 201 Stamford, CT 06901 /*# sourceMappingURL=footnotes.min.css.map */ Ketone body synthesis in the brain: possible neuroprotective effects. Sugar for the brain: the role of glucose in physiological and pathological brain function, Endocrine Regulation of Glucose Metabolism (PDF). Peter Defty talks about what he has come to realize – everything from stress, weight management and how to get adapted – by getting top athletes to become fat-burning machines.