Very pretty in my glass cake keeper(I like that it took a springform pan as it was pretty enough to serve to company) It was easy to make and dissappeared quickly even though I forgot to add the cinnamon. 50 minutes, just keep checking it to make sure you do not overcook it. Maybe I did something wrong without realizing it. Very simple to make and delicious. Fantastic!! I used fresh blueberries so only used 1-1/2 cups and 1 cup of buttermilk. Mix until fully combined with no lumps. To make it gluten-free. For an easy supper that you can depend on, we picked out some of our tried-and-true favorites that have gotten us through even the busiest of days. Spectacular!! It was delicious none the less. Combine flour, baking powder, soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk. I have not tried this because it doesn't give the sugar analysis in the nutritional information info. Kind of like a cross between a muffin and a sponge cake in texture. Came right out of the pan after 10 minutes. I baked it on convection for 45 minutes and it turned out perfect.
Sprinkle evenly with 1 cup blueberries. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. I had similar problems the first time I made this...berries sunk, gooey middle, etc. I loved the fact that it wasnt overly sweet, however because of that I could eat the whole thing myself. Usually, it has streusel toppings as also present in this recipe. They loved it! Tastes like a blueberry muffin in cake shape! ...and it took me 50 min to bake, so use the tried and true toothpick method. Add egg, vanilla and milk; mix well. I used fresh blueberries so I followed the notes at the bottom. I made it for mothers day and it absolutely stole the show! I would deffenitely make it again and recomend it! I made the recipe with frozen blueberries , thawed. See this post for a. I made this cake preparing for out of town guests because the picture made it look absolutely terrific. truly the best coffee cake I've ever made.

In a large bowl, cream shortening and 1/2 cup sugar. This recipe reminds me of a Blueberry Muffin recipe, except it’s in cake form. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. I also just baked it in a 9x9 greased pan.
Hot or cold, it is a delicious dessert! Info. This was a very dense coffee cake and had a strong buttermilk flavor so if you don't like buttermilk this is not for you. You saved Blueberry Coffee Cake III to your. Remove from heat and gently stir in vanilla. I also floured the blueberries a bit. Didn't have turbinado sugar, so just used a T. of organic sugar. Using a hand mixer to a stand mixer, beat in softened butter into the flour mixture until all combined and crumbly. 4 cups fresh blueberries  (frozen work too), 4 tablespoons cornstarch  (mixed with 6 tablespoons cold water), 6 tablespoons unsalted butter  (softened). I reduced the amount of blueberries to 1 1/2 cups and got the same mess. I made one slight alteration by substiting 2 tsp. Simmer until the homemade blueberry sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon, about 10 minutes. Still tasted good however, so I made another thinking that I had not baked it long enough or too many blueberries.

I didn't have any problems with the berries sinking. My husband loved it with milk on it and I had a hard time keeping him away from it.