I found this recipe to be amazing and I was wondering if you could make this recipe into cupcakes. Check out her video! And bake for about 45 minutes, until the toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Sooo good!! I made this cake and it was absolutely delicious! These sprinkle cookies take some time, but, believe me, they are well worth it! She likes to stir them into hot chocolate or eat as is. Last week was my birthday and if you follow me on Instagram then you know that I like to celebrate my birthday like a 5 year old girl – with lots of sprinkles and pink vibes. I don’t think I need to convince you that this cake is gorgeous, but it also tastes delicious. This is easily theeee BEST cake batter recipe I’ve ever encountered. It turned out beautiful, I used two 9 in pans and it took another 10/15 minutes of baking. It was the best week ever, filled with food and love from family and friends. Testers loved the familiar Funfetti flavor, and the cake was sweet and satisfying. I am wondering if there is an adaptation for it to be a chocolate cake? I use my vanilla buttercream frosting because it’s a classic combination. would it work well? This looks like a lot of fun with the funfetti cake! The half egg can be measured out by whisking an egg and using only half of it. It tasted ever so slightly artificial and was a bit dryer than our number one pick, but that didn’t bother any testers—we all enjoyed this classic for exactly what it was. I followed the recipe exactly and used three 9” pans. I followed it perfectly except I baked an addition 15 minutes due to my oven. While I’ve gone shopping for this standard mix, though, I have noticed other brands getting into the sprinkle cake game. Funfetti Cake. HI! amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "momof3boys370-20";
Would this recipe stand up to being made into a stacked cake? Hi came a cross your recipe i have only got two 12 inch round cake tins. Hi! I’m personally a huge fan of this box mix. When I’m making the cake should I always use the whisk attachment, or should I switch it, and if yes, then when? If buttermilk isn’t available, you can (1) use 1 cup of milk plus 1/2 cup sour cream instead of the buttermilk, or (2) make homemade buttermilk: take a measuring cup and pour in 1 tablespoon of white vinegar or fresh lemon juice. Hi Sarah. If you have a celebration coming up, this funfetti cake recipe is for you. Thanks to this invention, making a Funfetti cake is not a difficult process at all. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Just add some milk until you like the flavor and texture. But I have only 8 inch pans and I don’t want taller cakes. If so, ditch the box and make the below, super moist recipe! For a 6-inch cake you’ll need to use half the amount of ingredients. Just make sure not to overfill the pan with batter. Cake turned out beautiful. Thank you. The cake would taste great without the icing too right? Tastes amazing. amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart";
Hi Sophie. Preheat oven to 350°F/180 °C. amzn_assoc_marketplace = "amazon";
In a big bowl, combine your baking powder together with your flour. What about making a chocolate cake and white sprinkles…?? For any store bought cake mix I have often used the butter in place of oil and extra eggs. Please tell me how many cupcakes this recipe gave you. Preheat your oven. It's almost impossible not to feel happy when you see the fun pop of rainbow confetti! You can use 420 grams of cake flour instead. they ruin perfectly tasty cake frosting and gourmet cake batter ice cream for that matter. Your email address will not be published. Your end result should be as expected; an improved Funfetti cake! Made this a week ago as a test cake…just one later Making the real (3 layers) for a quarantine birthday cake this week. I am not sure if I should go with the white cake recipe you suggested or this one? Can I use regular milk or should I use milk and lemon juice? Thank you! Excellent recipe. Do you like to bake cakes from scratch? I’ll be using this for any and all future (white) cakes! With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture in three additions alternating with the buttermilk in two additions, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. I haven’t even made the cake, but just looking at it, my mouth is watering!I have a question, what can I substitute for buttermilk in the cake? Do I need to double the recipe to use the 12 inch cake tins. But what really stood out to us all was the texture of this cake. Do not overmix this batter. Thank you!! I also use milk instead of water. Or will I need to make more? Hi! You can also use the pre-measured boxed cake mix in other ways! How much ingredient should i use? Sorry if this is an obvious question but do I cook all 3 cake pans in the oven at the same time? I don’t know exactly how much grams are in a cup of sprinkles. If I were to use self-raising flour, would the baking powder and baking soda quantities be the same? Frosting can be made 3 days ahead of time and kept in the fridge, covered. The cake is dense and not overly sweet – perfect! I’m trying to get away with my 6” pans. Taste-wise, we found the cake to be nice and sweet (which is what you really want in this kind of cake), but it was also a bit dry and tasted of artificial vanilla. Yours have a good colours I’m worried about buying just any brand and them not showing up well. How long do i need to preheat the oven? If you’re like me, when you think birthday cake, your mind goes right to confetti cake. Your buttercream looks very white. Can I reduce the ingredient by 2/3rd? Perfectly moist and super buttery as promised. You can also use 3 – 8″ cake pans but you will need to leave out about 1 cup of batter (If the pans are overfilled the cakes will sink in the middle. You don’t need to use the same amount of milk, it will make the frosting too soft. I don’t have a paddle attachment will my cake still turn out alright with regular whisk attachments? (I used my lazy susan to frost since that’s all I had). Whether you are dressing up a boxed cake mix or baking from scratch like our grandmothers did, you now know how to make a Funfetti cake mix better. Would your daughter like that? They top them with sprinkles, chopped pecans or crushed candy canes. The cake rises a little bit but not a lot and should stay quite flat, which is perfect for a layer cake. Stir and let sit for 5 minutes.