My current simple pleasure: a slice of Banana Bread slathered in honey butter and a piping hot cup of tea. As bananas ripen on your counter top they become sweeter and more soft. Your recipe for banana bread was a big hit! Nope. Maybe I’m just looking for any excuse to make banana bread because, well, banana bread! Cool completely on a wire rack. Here’s all the total ingredients you’ll need: As bananas ripen on your counter top they become sweeter and more soft. I bake the muffins for about 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. It’s the little things, right? amzn_assoc_region = "US"; The batter makes about 12 standard-sized muffins. Wondering if you can make this Banana Bread into muffins? I love a crusty topped banana loaf! I thought I would make more banana cream pies than I did. Such a delicious bread! It’s one of my favorites too! I will definitely try this, as I’m book marking it right now! Drumroll please… Here it is. For years, I have been on a search for the PERFECT Banana Bread. I use 3-4 overripe bananas to make this bread sweet, moist, and undeniably banana-flavored. But I’m actually getting a new web design in just a few weeks and you’ll be able to print recipes straight from your phone. Wow, that looks delicious! Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and stir until combined. Save my name and email in this browser for the next time I comment. This banana bread looks so delicious! Brown Sugar – The only sugar used in this bread is brown sugar. If you let them ripen until they are speckled with brown and black (or even completely black), not only will they be easier to mash, but the banana bread will also have a sweeter and more “banana-like” flavor. All images and content are copyright protected. Because, until today, I had not yet shared a banana bread recipe. This recipe requires NO mixer. Just a flat-out delicious Banana Bread that bakes up perfectly every single time. There are 2 parts to this recipe, the loaf and the crumb topping. It sounds like you’re having a great holiday vacation..I’m still in my pj’s too, haha. I still recommend sprinkling brown sugar on top. 25 comments. Required fields are marked *. Note: This recipe was originally published November 2009. posted in: Muffins & Quick Bread And I’m so happy to hear you love this banana bread as much as I do. Subscribe today and receive this quick guide right to your inbox: Your email address will not be published. Learn how your comment data is processed. I have a million bananas leftover from Thanksgiving. Please contact me for permission to use my original images. Hope you are well!! Bake until golden, fragrant and cooked through. Bread will keep for a few days wrapped up tightly at room temperature, a few more days if stored in the fridge. Banana bread has got to be one of the easiest treats to make— that’s one of the reasons why we love it so much, right? Bake for approximately 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Just don’t forget the brown sugar topping! amzn_assoc_title = "Tools for this recipe"; I loved both toppings, but you HAVE to try this crackly, crunchy version the next time you bake this bread , http://thekitchenkook.blogspot.com/2013/01/honey-banana-bread-with-cinna-crumble.html. Swap 3/4 cup of all purpose flour for whole wheat flour. Step 1. So happy to hear you love this banana bread! amzn_assoc_asins = "B00008W70I,B00LGLHUA0,B005PP9ACY,B004WMP03E"; I LOVE this recipe, I’ve made it so many times, adding walnuts, more cinnamon, chocolate chips of every kind! It’s easy to bake, it’s familiar and comforting, and we just never seem to tire of it. You have successfully joined our subscriber list. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. I made this recipe and tried two different toppings. I love this recipe (and your mouth-watering pictures even more!) These Banana Bread Muffins make a great lunchbox treat or on-the-go breakfast. And if you went poking around this website looking for my favorite banana bread recipe you would not have found it. If you asked me what I bake most often, the answer would undoubtedly be banana bread. Grease a 9x9 square baking pan and add the batter to the pan. It is possible to use bananas with a touch of green, but I recommend waiting a few more days before baking if possible. Just shared this recipe through my blog No Limits! Smooth into an even layer. Becky!!! May I see this recipe? I buy a big bunch of bananas every week when I go shopping. Add to the dry ingredients and stir together until just combined. Looks like bread is happening this week! G.C., Thanks for the kind review, Greg. I’ll have to give it a try. Cook’s Tip: Start with very ripe bananas, with brown speckles but not completely brown. Yay! This Easy Banana Bread Recipe is the absolute BEST! Pour mixture into the loaf pan. I’m always in the mood for banana bread (with my morning coffee!) Enjoy your weekend! Moist, loaded with bananas, sweetened with brown sugar, and baked in a cake pan for even and quick cooking. Preheat oven to 350°. I’ve been looking for a new banana bread recipe and this cake out so yummy and moist (my loaf is already almost gone!). Reduce the melted butter to 6 tablespoons. Required fields are marked *. Whisk the wet ingredients in a large bowl. Could i get an invite to see the other recipe too please ? Annalise I have been making this particular banana bread since you posted it years ago, and to this day I always get so many compliments when I bake it. BANANA BREAD PAN SIZES: The recipe instructions are for a 9×9 square pan (my preference), but you can also use the following: MORE BANANA RECIPES: BANANA BUNDT CAKE – BROWN SUGAR BANANA FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE – BANANA PANCAKES – BANANA BAKED OATMEAL, SUBSCRIBE to our free EMAIL LIST – LIKE us on FACEBOOK – Follow on INSTAGRAM. Greetings from the Great Smokie Mountains of North Carolina. It is in the batter and it gets sprinkled on top before baking. And if you have over-ripe (black or almost black) bananas that you can’t use right away, did you know you can freeze them? Thanks! I’m glad you enjoyed it! PAN SIZES: The recipe instructions are for a 9x9 square pan (my preference), but you can also use the following: Your email address will not be published. So happy to hear you like this recipe. The brown sugar gives the bread a deeper flavor and almost caramel-like sweetness. My family ate it all in one day! amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "compledelici-20"; Haha. Why oh why can’t I print your recipes with my phone? Add eggs, mashed banana and vanilla, whisking until combined. Combine the topping ingredients and sprinkle evenly on top of the batter. The crumble topping is a great addition to banana bread. Swap the melted butter for melted coconut oil. How Ripe Should Bananas be for Banana Bread? Making muffins is also a great way to make a variety of banana bread – sprinkle walnuts in some, chocolate chips in others, and even add raisins to a few of them. I have been looking for a good & easy Banana Bread for month’s & now I finally found it! Be careful not to over mix. I am now looking for yummy ways to use them up and this bread sounds really yummy. I don’t use my computer much these days and so I end up not trying your resume I pest. Grease a 5 x 9 inch loaf pan and line it with parchment paper for easy removal. Design by Purr. , Your email address will not be published. I have some leftover bananas on my counter. PIN THIS RECIPE to your Breads or Breakfast boards and remember to FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST!. amzn_assoc_marketplace = "amazon"; I update my recipes all the time, and this one was due for one! , Perfection!! Sprinkle the top of the batter with 1/4 cup (or more) brown sugar. Trust me haha. Let cool in the pan 10 minutes, then lift the loaf out by grabbing the sides of the parchment paper. I wanted a recipe that is simple, with no fancy ingredients, and no trendy technique. Prefer your Banana Bread on the healthier side? They will be very mushy when thawed, but they’ll still work great for banana bread. Very simple to make but delicious ! The bread is done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Hi Jean! Did you end up giving this recipe a try? Pour the batter into a greased 9×9 square pan and sprinkle the top with brown sugar. This is by far the best banana bread recipe! Have I learned to buy less? Thank you for sharing looking forward to making more of your great food recipes! Absolutely! How funny that you just posted this today when I baked this recipe on Tuesday and noticed how long ago the posting date was! Preheat oven to 350°F. Hi, I'm Annalise and I love to bake! In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. ©2020 Completely Delicious. Place on a wire rack to cool. If you let them ripen until they are speckled with brown and black (or even completely black), not only will they be easier to mash, but the banana bread will also have a sweeter and more “banana-like” flavor. The crumble topping does add a nice touch to this bread. Crumble toppings make EVERYTHING better! https://tastykitchen.com/recipes/breads/brown-sugar-banana-bread This Easy Banana Bread Recipe is the absolute best! Here’s what makes this recipe the best – and what sets it apart from others. I loved the results. Thank you so much! Even this already perfect recipe. Place whole bananas directly in the freezer for at least a month and let them thaw at room temperature before using. Reduce the brown sugar to 1/2 cup (in the batter). This is one of the oldest recipes on my site— from way back in 2009— and it’s a family favorite for a reason. It’s perfect for a post-thanksgiving breakfast. Here you'll find recipes, baking tips, and more. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, using a rubber spatula, lightly stir the batter until no streaks of flour remain. amzn_assoc_search_bar = "true"; I know this issue is so annoying. Making a good thing even better! No mixer needed, grab a bowl and whisk – ready in under 30 minutes. It’s a simple but delicious treat any time of day! I have made the following changes with success: This recipe will have you purposely overbuying bananas because you are going to want to have access to this bread every single day of your life. Your email address will not be published. FLOUR: If you'd like to add some whole wheat flour, I have successfully used 1 cup all purpose flour along with 3/4 cup whole wheat flour. Simple banana bread with an irresistible cinnamon sugar crumb topping. amzn_assoc_ad_mode = "manual"; This banana bread is extra special because of it’s cinnamon crumble topping. That cinnamon crumble looks divine. This classic banana bread with cinnamon crumble topping is one of our family’s favorite recipes. Bake for 20-25 minutes, rotating once during the bake time. Prep work takes less than 10 minutes and it really couldn’t be simpler: amzn_assoc_placement = "adunit0"; The alternative topping that I used made this bread a thousand times better – if that’s even possible!! I love being able to say oh its a recipe from a friend (whom I have known a long time) of mine who has a fabulous food blog. Learn how your comment data is processed. Add a generous handful of chopped walnuts to the batter for a boost of omega-3’s. Thanks so much for the kind comment. Super moist, loaded with bananas, sweetened with brown sugar, and baked in a cake pan for even and quick cooking. The only Banana Bread recipe that I will make from here on out, and seriously – the best Banana Bread I have ever eaten. Thanks!! It adds a burst of flavor, a little bit of a crunch, and it takes this loaf from delicious to irresistible. amzn_assoc_linkid = "d1660e42fa9c8d4b327cdbeb89027adb";