I will definitely try it tonight! This easy method makes the most FLAVORFUL chicken parmesan in under 30 … I decided to forgo using Italian Bread Crumbs for this recipe. Lightly spray the chicken with cooking spray and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the chicken registers 165 degrees with an instant read thermometor. Lisa, Made this recipe and was the easiest I’ve ever made and it was delicious!!! 2 Preheat oven to 450°F. I wanted to get this to you amidst #COVID because it is very likely many of you are stuck inside with lots of basic groceries and some extra time on your hands. Make this crispy baked Parmesan crusted chicken for dinner tonight in about thirty minutes! Marinate chicken in 1 cup of butter milk for at least 30 minutes (overnight, or for several hours even … For a green, a light mixed lettuce salad and/or some steamed broccoli or green beans. My husband and I liked to eat healthy, so I made a few substitutions. Cover in egg so both sides are fully covered and tap off excess. This is a place to talk about all things delicious, family-related and pretty. I really like not having to dip the breasts in an egg and milk mixture, this was soooo much cleaner, and quicker. (I have found that the tenders take 45 minutes whereas whole breasts or bone in chicken takes an hour). If you have any leftover baked chicken Parmesan you are going to want to store it in an air tight container. Please try again later. 3 Make the coating: In a large bowl whisk together the mustard, vinegar, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. In a small bowl, whisk the egg. Mix well and stir in the melted butter. After breading the chicken, it is ready to cook in the oven. Baked Chicken Parmesan is a quick and easy version of a classic family favorite. You can also put the breaded chicken parmesan in the microwave for 1-2 minutes or until hot. So when I married a man who loves a good easy chicken parmesan recipe, I knew I should probably learn to make it myself. Bake for, Please comment, rate and share! Design by Cooked Creative. Remove from the oven and turn the broiler on to high (leave the rack in the middle position). Thank you so much for posting it. She freezes them raw and you can bake once defrosted or from frozen. Place baking sheet in oven on the second from the top rack. Place chicken breast on prepared baking sheet, repeat with remaining pieces of chicken. If you make this easy baked chicken parmesan or any of my other recipes, I would love to know! Thank you! This recipe takes only 10 minutes to prep and no more than 30 minutes to cook. Worked like a charm. It has been a favorite of my entire family for well over a decade. Chicken Parmesan has to be one of the easiest and tastiest ways of preparing chicken, don’t you agree? Learn how your comment data is processed. twitter Chicken and Apples in Honey Mustard Sauce, Read more about our affiliate linking policy, http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/chicken-parmigiana-recipe/index.html, 2 garlic cloves, peeled, finely chopped (about 2 teaspoons), 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes (we use Muir-Glen), 1/2 teaspoon dried basil (or 1 Tbsp of chopped fresh basil), 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano (or 1 teaspoon of chopped fresh oregano), 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast cutlets (or skinless boneless chicken breasts or thighs that have been pounded to a 1/4-inch thickness). twitter The flour sticks to the wet chicken and helps the egg wash stick in the next step. Continue to simmer until sauce thickens a bit and flavors meld, about 10-12 minutes. To heat up the chicken, you will need to thaw the chicken in the fridge overnight or until it’s defrosted. You will love skipping the frying of the chicken, and you will still be impressed with the deep flavor and moist chicken. It’s going to be a regular in my kitchen for sure!!! facebook Dredge the chicken pieces in the breadcrumb mixture, gently pressing the breadcrumbs into the chicken cutlets. This is the thermometer I have and love, but there are a lot of great options on the market. Transfer to a shallow plate. Just like in my Pork Chop recipe from the other day, I highly recommend investing in a meat thermometer. So sorry about that Theresa! I made this recipe for my wife a couple of nights ago. Taste sauce, adjust seasoning if necessary, cover and keep warm. Elise is dedicated to helping home cooks be successful in the kitchen. My 15 month old loves this meal with a side of spaghetti and can devour this without looking up from her plate. I am so glad that this chicken parmesan recipe is so much easier than that. Chicken Parmesan is the best kind of pub grub and it is incredibly easy to make at home. You can also place the chicken breasts between two layers of cling wrap instead of a zip top bag if you prefer. Process the Parmesan in a food processor until finely chopped, 10 to 15 seconds. Slice chicken breasts in half lengthwise to make 4 fillets total. This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Simply Recipes. I liked the sauce, but my husband loved the chicken so much I had to make it two nights in a row.I used the butter in place of the vinegar both times. This is a perfect family dinner meal; one that everyone will love. ), OMG Elise this was so friggn’ fantastic that I threw out all my old chicken parmigiana recipes. I used a combination of plain breadcrumbs and panko. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. There is something about the bread crumbs mixing with the parmesan and then that tiny touch of paprika that just WORKS. Whisk the eggs and milk in a shallow dish. Take each chicken piece and dip it into the egg, then bread crumbs. Ensure chicken breast is fully coated in the crumb mixture, and gently press with your hand do help the crumbs stick to the chicken. Dredge each chicken piece in flour and tap of excess. :). Add the chicken cutlets to the mixture and coat well on both sides. It’s easy & quick to prepare. This delicious and easy to throw together Baked Chicken Parmesan is perfect for a weeknight meal. I love this easy chicken parmesan for many reasons, but the fact that it’s satisfying and delicious are my top reasons. Line a baking sheet with foil, parchment, or Silpat. In a shallow bowl, combine the panko breadcrumbs, parmesan, garlic powder, oregano, salt & pepper. "Omg! Dip one chicken breast into the egg, then into the bread crumb mixture. This is my new signature dish! Pull up a chair! If you end up with leftover chicken parmesan, you can easily save them. We on this Prairie have been breading with saltine crackers for decades. Thank you! But in reality, you can easily throw this meal together at the last minute and its perfection. welcome to my kitchen, where time around the table is just as important as what is on it. This recipe has already made it to my recipe box and I look forward to making it again in the very near future. (In my case, 450 wasn’t quite enough set the mustard and toast the panko, but I think that’s a property of my oven – but to all and sundry, the oven needs to be hot. I will absolutely be making this again. Bake for 15 minutes then flip onto the other side and top each chicken with 3-4 tablespoons of marinara sauce and a generous handful of mozzarella cheese (or 1 fresh slice). Broil for 2-4 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly and edges of chicken are browning. instagram Now the floured chicken goes into an egg bath made of whisked eggs and milk. Please see the disclaimer here. Garlic bread would be an excellent option as well. It’s made with chicken cutlets so it cooks up quickly. Thanks for waiting. Yum, yum, yum. Below is how I served this dish to the little people. Privacy Policy. Dip the chicken breasts in the flour, then the eggs, and then the seasoned bread crumbs. https://www.food.com/recipe/oven-baked-chicken-parmesan-42972 After breading the chicken, it is ready to cook in the oven. We use all purpose flour to lightly coat our chicken. It’s fixed now! All Rights Reserved. Take the chicken breasts and cut them in half lengthwise. When Panko came along I tried it once. Please see the disclaimer here. I liked to get it with a side of fettuccine alfredo, to make things extra unhealthy! Place on the prepared pan. Place dredged chicken on the lined baking sheet. Elise launched Simply Recipes in 2003 as a way to keep track of her family's recipes, and along the way grew it into one of the most popular cooking websites in the world. ", "I have made this a couple or more times. Click on the photo to read more about me. Healthy oven baked chicken parmesan is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside with no frying required. After cutting the chicken breasts in half, place them in a gallon sized zip top bag in an even layer, seal it, then pound them to an even thickness using a  meat pounder or a rolling pin. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/chicken-parmigiana-recipe/index.html, I’ve made chicken parmesan many ways, and this was the best. Your family will fight for seconds! Lightly salt and pepper the chicken breasts on both sides. Brown under broiler for 2-3 minutes if desired. pinterest Your email address will not be published. Thank you so much for teaching me alittle more about cooking! I love that it’s baked in the oven. We served ours over an easy kale caesar. This was absolutely delicious. With how thick chicken breasts are coming these days, it feels safe to say that we can butterfly them open and be ready to bread them up. I just made this dish tonight. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Hi! Welcome to The Life Jolie! Add the bread, 2 teaspoons of the oil, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Did you know you can save this recipe and order the ingredients for. Vegan French Toast with Caramelized Apples, Crispy Mozzarella Parmesan Crusted Chicken, Cheesy Broccoli Stuffed Chicken (low-carb, Keto), Top 10 Must Try Taco Recipes (30 Minutes or less! Here’s how you make this easy baked chicken parmesan: By the (short) time the chicken is done, the sauce is perfect. I like that the parmesan is blended with the bread crumbs instead of all piled on top of the chicken. Thank you for a great dish. Line a baking sheet with foil, brush foil with olive oil. This is important because you want it to be flavorful. Have a question? EASY and quick, simply bread the chicken cutlets with Parmesan and crumbs, bake in the oven, and top with a fresh, homemade tomato sauce. It will be my go to recipe. ), I tend to have the energy of a cocker spaniel puppy and usually it serves me well. I believe the previous poster said “gluten sensitive”, so maybe a little is okay. Preheat the oven to 425F. instagram ), Roasted Cauliflower Tacos with Creamy Cilantro Sauce. So, why not make some egg salad! I will make this again for my mother this weekend, I’m sure she will like it. Thank you! Ladle sauce with the chicken. Rice Krispies are not a gluten-free product; they have malt in them, which contains gluten. This post contains affiliate links, if you click on them and then make a purchase, I make a small amount of money at no additional cost to you. Healthy oven baked chicken parmesan is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside with no frying required. Your comment may need to be approved before it will appear on the site. Return to the oven and bake an additional 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the chicken is cooked through. Chicken Parmesan. Return to the oven under the broiler. Season pounded chicken pieces to taste with salt and peppers. Bake for 15 minutes, or until cooked through. Try and make them all the same thickness (between 1/8 and 1/4 inch). Place chicken breasts between two sheets of heavy plastic (resealable freezer bags work well) on a … I line my pan with parchment to provide easy clean up.