Kept having problems. Don't buy one. Actiontec Electronics will not provide a refund or replacement, for products that have failed due to the loading of incorrect firmware or the testing of custom firmware. Trademark Policy | Any ideas on how to resolve? products & solutions support buy now learn Sign in. Actiontec GT784WN Wireless-N DSL Modem/Router, Compatible with ADSL Century Link (NOT their VDSL) and major DSL service providers. Amazon.com will not accept returns of any desktop or notebook computer more than 30 days after you receive the shipment. I work for a internet provider and more times than not, its the customers devices all fouled up with malware. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. But you will need to make sure that your wireless devices themselves are not vulnerable to the KRACK vulnerability. The image file is not corrupt. Thank you. The GT784WN Wireless-N DSL Modem Router is three products in one: a full rate ADSL 2/2+ modem, 4-port switch and dual-antenna Wireless N router. So no firmware update is required. Accessing through the browser got no response or connection. The reverse is also true. If you continue to experience the connectivity issues after the upgrade please contact Actiontec Support 8884360657 for assistance while you are having the issue. GT784WN Quick Start Guide. Please try again. If not, suggestions? I'm not a skyper, gamer, or streamer. Reviewed in the United States on January 25, 2018, Skip this and get something that actually works, Reviewed in the United States on February 27, 2018. I am reluctant to update firmware when you say it will wipe all my settings I have spent HOURS or days setting up... Any chance there is a secret code ring or something that let's up make a backup copy so we can reload after your FW update wipes all settings? Copyright 2018 Actiontec Electronics, Inc. All Rights Reserved. I wanted to return the original modem I got with Windstream because I'd had to pay an additional $10 per month to rent their equipment. New, used, and refurbished products purchased from Marketplace vendors are subject to the returns policy of the individual vendor. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. All firmware updates can restore your unit to defaults regardless of the version. Got the "update successfully applied message", but never got any functionality after that. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Actiontec Support. COVID-19. It is located on the FCC sticker, found on the bottom or back of the product. Preconfigured for simple setup and will auto-detect your specific service settings Not compatible with Verizon FIOS, ATT U-verse or cable systems such as Comcast,Time Warner, Cablevision, Cox, Charter etc Compatible with ADSL Century Link (NOT their VDSL) and major DSL service providers Wi-Fi Standard: IEEE 802.11b/g/n WPA/WPA2: WPA2 Ports: 1 x 10/100M WAN: 4 x 10/100M LAN ISM Maximum Frequency: 2.40 GHz Wireless Transmission Speed: 300 Mbps Form Factor: Desktop Fast Ethernet External Antenna Broadband Transmission Technology: ADSL2+ Includes high-grade firewall, parental controls and a variety of protections and encryptions. This product has been rigorously tested to ensure the highest levels of compatibility and performance and includes a variety of protections and encryptions. How to enable multiplayer gaming using the GT784WN Wireless DSL Modem. This is an NCS (Non-Customer Specific) Firmware and is not intended as an Upgrade for ANY ISP Specific Firmware, regardless of version number. For that, you will need to check with the manufacture of all your wireless devices. This upgrade something I should do? It does not reset to factory defaults after a upgrade. The modem supports ADSL2+ with speeds up to 24 Mbps downstream. No difference on dropping internet (DSL stays up). Actiontec Support; GT784WN - Wireless N DSL Modem Router; Documentation; GT784WN Quick Start Guide Tech Support February 08, 2017 16:57. Again, I suspect Frontier for overselling causing this so not blaming you - except your firmware should be smart enough to see DSL ON, Internet drop, and renegotiate and bring it back! After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. For that, you will need to check with the manufacture of all your wireless devices.