The most amazing books and true life journey I have ever read. It made me mad to think about that spineless dad, he was a grown up and should have done something. Walmart.com This is a book about a child his name is David. The first times she leaves the vent on which he gets to breath some fresh air. I admire people who have to suffer through such unspeakable acts, but to come out on the other side and take action to help raise awareness is very noble indeed. I know it's not nice to burn, stab, poison, starve or otherwise torture your kid, but damn! The way the book is written is easy to read, but the subject is not of people that gets upsets by hard to read subjects. I hope that this child finds peace, and I wish with all my heart that any child going through this has an adult that is strong and welling to stand up for them. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. This book was very interesting. I really loved this book, but the subject of this book is hard to read. I'm wholly torn between this being one of my most-asked-for and least-favorite-ever titles. A Child Called "It":One Child's Courage to Survive Dave Pelzer Health Communications, Inc., 1993, 153 pp., $9.95 ISBN 1-55874-366-9 Have your parents ever abused you? As a child, Dave was brutally beaten and starved by his emotionally unstable, alcoholic mother: a mother who played tortuous games--games that left him Dave nearly dead. September 1st 1995 She takes her frustrations out on him for no reason. I will probably read this book again in the future over and over again. This is a Biography Memoir/Non-fiction, and this is the first book in the Dave Pelzer series. Pelzer also bought his own book in bulk so the sales numbers would put it on the bestseller list -- he just doesn't have a whole lot of credibility. What is most appalling about this book lays behind the truth of the story. A Child Called 'It' is a real life story of the indomitable human spirit told through the eyes of a child--who will pay any price in order to succeed. I could really understand how he felt but one thing about. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. I am basing this on the response of the person who received this for our work gift exchange. She went onto abuse another son after David left. One's life is forever changed after living through the eyes of A Child Called "It. Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account. His name is David Pelzer and he is the main character in the book. Dave Pelzer 3 Book Set~A Child Called It/The Lost Boy/A Man Named Dave. Why the hell did I pick this book up? Excellent. In The Child Called "It" , a true story that can bring tears to the eyes of anyone with a beating heart, Dave, the protagonist, is abused in the most horrifying ways possible. My Grandmother always show up when things got bad because she stopped by our house on the way home everyday. My mother was my Grandmother's daughter-in-law, so she did not have to do anything for her. Ever read a non-fiction that ends with a cliffhanger? YIKES. What a sad story of child abuse. Okay, this is going to be a short and sweet review since it's a non-fictional autobiography and you can't really critique things like characters and story. She know something was going on. My stomach coiled whenever I smelled food that was about to be served to somebody else, knowing it wasn't for me.”, West Australian Young Readers' Book Award (WAYRBA) for Older Readers (2005), how does the child surpass what he have been through. It was all about this author's childhood gone horrible with the extreme abuse, the torture and suffering. This is a heart wrenching true story about the author of the book when he was a kid. I know there is a controversy as to whether Dave is telling the truth in this book, or not. A Child Called "It" is the unforgettable story of a child whose courage and unyielding determination enabled him to survive extreme life-threatening odds. I do not have a lot of good memories of the time I lived with my mother, but I have found peace. This book was horrible. That's got to be better than nothing. Please try again. Amazingly he survives. His brother and grandmother said in an interview that it was all rubbish, too, which casts more doubt upon the whole thing. Please try your request again later. I was informed it took 2 days to read book 1 and 3 days to finish the second book. A Man Named Dave, A Child Called It, The Lost Boy, The Privilege of Youth, A Brother's Journey: Surviving a Childhood of Abuse, Help Yourself: Finding Hope, Courage, And Happiness. Dave Pelzer 3 Book Set~A Child Called It/The Lost Boy/A Man Named Dave I think I had literally repressed the memory of it, until I randomly happened across the title this week. An unforgettable story of courage. by Health Communications Inc, A Child Called 'It': One Child's Courage to Survive. I've been avoiding this book since I was a teenager. I read this many years ago, and while it is a book that has really stayed with me, I don't know if I would ever be willing to put myself through the heartache of rereading it. This is packed full of description and action, but lacked the hindsight and explanations I wanted as a reader who isn't necessarily interested in the entire trilogy, so I wish it would have unpacked more of it in this single volume. His name is David Pelzer and he is the main character in the book. This book is a true story about a child’s devastating childhood in which he experienced child abuse physically and verbally. When two complete opposites meet—one who believes in soul mates and one who doesn’t—will they fall in love despite their differences? It is even more sad because it is real. Good luck! I stopped when I was 20 years old because my Mother took her own life. I no longer own the book (didn't put it through a shredder, like I did with "A Million Little Pieces," but I got rid of it as quickly as I could), so I can't list any examples here, but I do recall that I've seen better writing in sixth-grade themes. Please try again. It has some vile parts in it so if you are going to pick it up be ready. My Grandmother told me that my mother was sick and needed help to, and she could never turn her back on someone that needed help. She takes a bucket and fills it full of clorox and amonia and it forms this type of gas when mixed. It chronicles the abuse this little boy named David went through as a child. Reading the torture he endured at the hand of his own family was painful. Reviewed in the United States on August 4, 2016. I do with that this trilogy was consolidated into one book with the author's current-day perspective sprinkled it, because as is, it's a short collection of what happened to him without any real perspective or understanding of it until a tacked-on epilogue. She left the room and returned with the school’s principal, who said he’d had enough of this. Let us know what’s wrong with this preview of, Published I wanted to look away, but just couldn't. It was horrible. The bravery shown by one little boy left me speechless. Dave Pelzer’s entire tale comes together from the real-life experiences of the author. YIKES. Have tissues ready. I really couldn't believe my eyes, the author described like, everything he went through, all the pain he had to go through, how he felt and everything. Please try again. I know his brother wrote a book (. We work hard to protect your security and privacy. Once again I highly recommend this book and its sequel which I have read. The way the book is written is easy to read, but the subject is not of people that gets upsets by hard to read subjects. This is a man's account of the severe abuse he suffered as a young child through the hands of his mother. The most amazing books and true life journey I have ever read, Reviewed in the United States on June 20, 2018. I really loved this book, but the subject of this book is hard to read. I don't know enough about the controversy to speculate, so I will just give the author the benefit of the doubt and assume this is indeed a factual memoir of his childhood. I was very lucky because I had a strong Grandmother that would not back down. Borders. This is a man's account of the severe abuse he suffered as a young child through the hands of his mother. At age 12 Dave was finally rescued and placed in a series of foster homes until he enlisted in the U.S. Air Force at age 18. This is a Biography Memoir/Non-fiction, and this is the first book in the Dave Pelzer series. Period. This book is very likely made up from start to finish. I've sat with this book on my desk for a couple weeks, unable to decide what I would write for a review. His book is called "A Brother's Journey." Dave Pelzer 3 Book Set~A Child Called It/The Lost Boy/A Man Named Dave on Amazon.com. It was too, too depressing. And strong... well, at least strong enough to face each day. My childhood was not great, and I had a Mother that had mental health issues and she did drugs/drink way to much.