Wondering if the size of the bananas matter? I like to pull them out for breakfast the night before so they have time to come to room temperature, but you can enjoy them cold too! Browse Nutrisystem before and after weight loss photos, recipe pictures and more. do you have other recipes for me? Does that mean that it’s 2 cups oats turned into flour? Yes. We’ll get a good rise thanks to baking soda, but just know that these muffins will be a bit more dense than a traditional muffin. ★☆. I’d probably say replace it 1:1, but remember that maple is a bit sweeter than honey. I topped these banana bread muffins with rolled oats because I think it looks pretty, but you don’t have to do that. Sip your way to satisfaction with refreshing recipes brimming with flavor… not guilt. The only tip I have for using non-brown bananas is to give them a whiz in your blender first, since they aren’t as soft and don’t dissolve into a lovely banana puree as easily. From the kitchen to the bathroom. The only change I did was to add some erythritol instead of the full amount of honey. If you want to sub all-purpose flour for oat flour, then you have a fighting chance! How long to the muffins typically stay before having to freeze? Nah, it won’t matter in taste. Preheat the oven to 350F. Give it a whiz for about a minute and BOOM… you have oat flour. Hello! They make for a perfect grab-and-go snack. Copyright © 2020 Don't Waste the Crumbs  •  All rights reserved  •  Site Design by Emily White Designs, Subscribe to my newsletter and get instant access to. Take any kind of rolled oats – traditional or instant – and stick it in your blender. Bloggers make mistakes too! Second, because oats absorb liquid really well (and really fast), you need to add them at the very, very end of the recipe. You’re very welcome Autumn! https://www.stayathomemum.com.au/.../5-ingredient-peanut-butter-muffins I’m not an officially allergy blog, so I suggest browsing my existing recipes to see if any sound good, and fit your restrictions. Oh happy day! So easy. ** I’ve made these muffins both with salt and cinnamon, and without. Neither ingredient is necessary, but I personally prefer the taste of both. These muffins have no butter, oil, grain flour or sugar but you'd never be able to tell from the final product! That’s just 1.3 tsp of honey per muffin. Place ingredients in the blender and blend until well mixed. The original recipe called for one cup of dates, and while I use dates for homemade pumpkin larabars and no-bake blueberry coconut pie, dates aren’t that cheap and I don’t ALWAYS have them in the pantry. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees – they will bake hot and quickly. No more waiting for the bananas to turn brown. Why should you make banana bread muffins? Haha. Our quick start weight loss plan—perfectly portioned meals delivered to your door. You can usually taste honey when you bake with it, but since we’re usually just ¼ cup FOR THE WHOLE RECIPE, you can’t taste it at all. ★☆ This simple muffin recipe is always a hit! Blend again on low for about one minute until everything is well combined and smooth. How come the recipe from the email say’s 5-minute apple spiced muffins but when you click on it you get a 5 ingredient banana muffin recipe? When the oven … Can use green, yellow or brown bananas – no need to shop for new, or wait for old. Mash bananas in a large bowl. We made these yesterday for todays breakfast and they were soooo goood!! It’s the best! I measure 2 cups of oats, not oat flour. Blend on low until everything is mostly smooth. Cooking once and eating twice! Ingredients. You’ll just get more muffins! They can both work interchangeably as liquid sweeteners in most of my baked goods (like pumpkin donuts or strawberry lemonade donuts or zucchini carrot apple muffins). Now I’m wondering if you have a suggestion for how i might replace the honey with applesauce? Hi Tiffany, I’ve made these before and like em! Log in. Lose weight and reduce your waste! Hi Emily! It depends on how warm the room is, but anywhere from 2-5 days on the counter or 4-7 in the fridge is normal. I have a Blendtec blender similar to this one and we use it every single day… but you can use a regular blender too if that’s what you have. Minimally sweetened (just ¼ cup for the whole batch! Add salt and cinnamon (both optional), if using. Optional toppings of choice: dark chocolate chips, coconut, raisins, craisins. I haven’t tried making a loaf Tamara, but I wouldn’t go for it… at least not as-written. 2. , Your email address will not be published. Our made-for-men weight loss program—food you love in portions that make sense. We’re using honey as our sweetener, but you can use maple syrup if you’d like. I got the Ninja Professional 1000 for Christmas and I’m eager to find ways to use it. Mix in white sugar, melted butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla … On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 SmartCarb and 1 PowerFuel. I didn’t have a lot of honey left but it probably would have been perfect with slightly less. Looking for a quick snack that everyone will love? I actually think that’s for the better though. For a loaf start start checking in after 15 minutes. What’s your favorite way to freeze stuff like this? Bake in oven for 15 to 20 minutes then let cool on counter until muffins are hardened and can be removed from muffin tin easily. Thanks your blog is one of my very favorite places to be online. Search by ingredient below and I’ll give you recipe ideas that will please your palette, Whether it’s for one season or one year, let us take meal planning off your to-do list so you can focus on feeding your family healthy food. . Or if that’s what you happen to have. The base recipe is great and then you make them your own. Hi Kylie! Cooking time varies - 9 minutes for regular muffins for me, 8 minutes for mini muffins. Bananas get sweeter as they ripen, so a batch made with brown bananas will be slightly sweeter than a batch made with green bananas. These Blender Peanut Butter Banana Muffins are ridiculously easy, made with items that you most likely have on hand and bonus - they’re healthy! There are two catches when baking with oat flour. Thank you! Freezer bags or Ziploc containers? Do we need to turn oats into oat flour first? love the recipe. I made it today and the whole family likes them! Our easy-to-follow transition plan to help you maintain your weight loss results. You can’t go wrong with this simple recipe. My kids like them with chocolate chips but you can make them with whatever you want. I'm Tiffany - blessed wife and mother of two living outside Atlanta, GA.