Where can we get good quality nutmeg grafts? 2) The total cost of production per kg per year. It is five years ever since we switched to natural farming. That is why we ventured into vermicompost production. if yes, the cost incurred for the same years need to be included the calculation. Starting a business might be just an idea away from you and in case you need one, check out our article on 11 Most Profitable Agricultural Business Ideas for Young Entrepreneurs. Tamil Nadu, Kerala, and Karnataka are the leading producers of Clove in India. But Milma, the affiliate of Kerala government, procures one litre of milk for Rs 35. farmdoc daily (5):97, Department of Agricultural and Consumer Economics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, May 27, 2015. On average it yields 8-10 tons per acre, this yield can be attained if a farmer follows good farming practices; per tree, it yields about 250-300 Kg. If you want to earn good money through agriculture, you need to take a look at this list of the best cash crops with the highest profit per acre. In the last post, we have already given information regarding the guide to starting nutmeg cultivation or nutmeg farming. Irrigate the planted seedlings from time to time to establish the plants in the field. Wanting to experiment, he dedicated one acre to 5-layer farming and on the rest of his farm, he continued growing crops in the conventional way. 50,000. The miscellaneous activities may cost up to Rs. Currently, we get Rs 27,70,000 from 37 acres of land as profit”. It was a nine-day programme where we were taught extensively about the principles of natural farming recommended by Subhash Palekar. This ensured rich fertility of the soil. Seeds are planted at a depth of about 2cm with a spacing of 3cm. Wherever you dig out in the farm land there will be plenty of earthworms in clusters”. Clove trees start flowering at an age of 4 years after plantation. Therefore, on average, the nutmeg farmer can earn a profit of Rs. And we get Rs 1,50,000 annually from the coconuts harvested from 1,300 trees. Prepare pits of size 75x75x75cm with a spacing of 7m. Please reply. There is high level of awareness in Kerala about the importance of non-poisonous food. Coconut is grown under different soil types such as loamy, laterite, coastal sandy, alluvial, clayey and reclaimed soils of the marshy low lands. 2. They are yet to reach harvest stage. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Based on the nutmeg cultivation income, you can decide to go with it or not. Marketing gain will be near $0, and perhaps negative, for 2015. Net income from a share rent acre is $1 per acre (see Table 1). Cows were meant only for milk. Grain farm incomes are projected to be much lower in 2015 as compared to 2014. The plot is far away from my home.I can visit the farm only once in a month so please suggests me suitable crop. Sorry, no results has been found matching your query. The fully decomposed cow dung or any organic manure yields better results than any other chemical fertilizer. Income starts in the 4th year. It has not been mentioned, harvesting of nutmeg will started how many months/ years of planting. The beginning stage of the plantation requires water in a steady state. My father is a farmer in telangana state . Deep loam and alluvial soils are ideal for its growth and best yield. Tamarind can be propagated through seeds, grafts, and buddings. By using cow dung we could generate gobar gas that supports our household cooking needs. We send the entire volume of milk to Milma agency. Seeing the up coming demand and Modern Thechnic of Agriculture I would like to move MODERN Agriculture. We have been identifying model organic farmlands to fulfil its purpose. The coconut trees provide him with an income of at least Php360,000 per year. farmdoc daily (5):124, Department of Agricultural and Consumer Economics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, July 7, 2015. Tamarind wood is also used for multipurpose like agriculture tools, tool handles, etc. 15000 for 1 year for the pesticides. Scale insects can be controlled by removing the affected regions and spraying dimethoate 0.05%. Therefore, I thought, if I managed to establish cattle farm I would be able to earn a monthly income and got into it”. Under the scheme of ‘One Acre, One Farmer’, we provide 50% subsidy for every farmer who is willing to come forward, taking up the project of opting organic farming in an acre of land. Thus,this indicates, high coconut productivity or nut yield commonly results in high profitability, under an economic situation of high copra price. 2,50,000 = Rs. The farm belonging to Jagadesan’s family, called ‘Ramar Farm’ is situated in Meenakshipuram village, Perumati Panchayat, Chitoor Circle, Palakad district. When I was discussing with him, he mentioned about production of virgin oil. From the trees of 1500, we pluck coconuts and we get 1,50,000 coconuts in a year. The final selling price of 20quintalsnutmeg is Rs. The buds are spread uniformly on the drying floor and are raked time to time to ensure the development of uniform color and to prevent mould formation. 10 Best Cash Crops with the Highest Profit per Acre, 11 Most Profitable Agricultural Business Ideas for Young Entrepreneurs, What nobody told me about small farming: I can’t make a living, The New Farm: Our Ten Years on the Front Lines of the Good Food Revolution, 11 Most Profitable Livestock to Raise in 2017, most expensive specialty crops in the world, 10 best cash crops with the highest profit per acre, 10 Most Profitable Gourmet Mushrooms to Grow, most profitable cash crops for greenhouse, what agricultural crop is most profitable per acre, what is the most profitable cash crop in India. Schnitkey, G. "Projected 2016 Crop Returns: Continuing Need to Adjust to Lower Returns." OR it has to be exposed to full sunlight? Download a free copy of our newsletter and see the details inside! Further, the government of Kerala has established a market called ‘Eco Shop’ at every village panchayat, selling natural inputs to the public. You may also like the Vermicompost Production Cost, Income, Project Report. 6,40,000. 10,000, Cost of harvesting and post-harvest management: Rs. 80 per Kg, which is purely based on the variety of Tamarind crops which the farmer has chosen. Tamarind tree tender leaves, flowers, and fruits are used as vegetables in India. Not only fruits the tender leaves and the seeds along with the wood also have high demand in the markets as these plant products are used for multipurpose. Net income from related activities. Therefore, the total cost of 1-acre nutmeg farming in India is Rs. We get a monthly income of Rs 1,50,000 by leasing out 500 coconut trees for toddy production. So, through coconut trees, we get Rs 20,00,000 as annual income. Once the harvest was over, we used to save the groundnut plant and ragi hays. Stem Borer can be controlled by spraying Quinalphos 0.1% and swabbing the region with Carbaryl. 23,000. We bought 4 country breeds for home needs and also for input preparations. After germination these seedlings are transplanted into polythene bags filled with a mixture of soil, cow dung, and sand in a ratio of 3:1:3. (self pollination plants) please reply. He plans collaborating his agriculture, horticulture and farming knowledge into a subject of help to all those who wish grow crops, venture into farming or gardening. Semi-arid tropical regions with rainfall of 5 cm to 15 cm are ideal for its growth. The lease amount for each tree is Rs 300. Decided to come back to farming, agriculture sector as a Farmer and Writer. Mr. Reddy was born in farmer's family and was into 'IT' profession where he was not happy with his activities. It can also be controlled by spraying Bordeaux mixture 1% and Copperoxychloride 0.2%. This can be achieved by plowing field more than thrice to attain fine tilth in the soil during this the weeds are ploughed and are separated at the end. We spend Rs 4,00,000 per year towards farm labour, input production and maintenance. As time passed by we switched from rainfed cultivation to growing coconut trees. Total cost for 1 year = Rs. Similarly, we prepare heavy Jeevamirtham and provide 2kg of it to each tree, twice in a month. Besides agriculture, raising livestock can also be a good business, so you may want to check our article on 11 Most Profitable Livestock to Raise in 2017. 4,38,800 per acre. It has many health benefits especially improving digestive health, heart health and is a good source of Iron and mainly helps in managing diabetes. In central Illinois, commercially-sized farms have an average of 47% cash rented farmland, 39% share rented farmland, and 14% owned farmland. But brone in a Agriculture family.I have practical knowledge about Agriculture from childhood. Even in high density cultivation maxim of 200 plants can be cultivated per care.